||Chapter 22||

~Happiness will never come to those who don't appreciate what they already have.~

~ ALEXIS ~

I heard a groan beside me and roll my eyes. "Really?" I ask while taking out the files from his back seat.

"We should try out this position, it looks really good." He says cheekily. "Whatever you say," I chuckle, opening the door of his car. 

"Oh-wait." He said making me pause. "What?" I frown. 

He leans in. "You have something on your face." 

And that's how I fell for it, again.

.

"Ok, now, I really have to go." I push him away and check myself in the mirror, redoing my makeup. He groans.

I wipe my lipstick off his face and laugh when he puckers his lips for another makeout session. I smack his lips, playfully, and walk out of his car.

"See you during lunch?" He asks looking at me with big glossy eyes and there goes my stupid heart, beating like a fucking drum. 

"Ok." I nod, he grins widely. Why is he so cute? "Later." I wink, walking off to my office.

The paparazzi have been going crazy for some days now after spotting my family outside the Crawford mansion. My photoshopped pics with engagement rings even our wedding photos are floating around the social media. We are on the cover page of entertainment magazines and channels, almost every day. 

That's why Xander drops me off at the back of our office because he feels guilty about it which he should. 

This is all his fault.

"There comes Mrs. Crawford." Jade shriek like a fangirl making me roll my eyes. I stopped arguing and explaining them days ago. They don't learn.

"You should have seen them in the parking, doing dirty." Gabby laughed beside me. My eyes widen, she smirked. I clamped her mouth with my hands and pull her with me. "Shut up."

"Love, Love, Love." They started singing. My head hurts listening to their bullshit. 

How do I tell them it's not real? 

I sighed, sitting down in my seat. My phone dinged with notification. It was from Xander. 

Can I take a rain check? I have a meeting at lunch hour. :( -X

My mood drops in an instant. I wanted to eat lunch with him.

No problem. I will see you tonight. -A

This sucks, I was looking forward to our restaurant sex. -X

I laugh, typing. Whatever, cupcake. -A 

Don't call me that. -X

I will call you whatever I want. -A

Ok. -X

Really? Well, that was easy. -A

It's not like I have a say in this. -X

You're learning fast, cupcake. ;* -A

Don't send me those kissy faces, it's killing me. -X

I am glad.XD -A

I have to go now. I don't want to. :( -X

Haha... go away Xander, I have to work now. -A

I am hurt. </3 -X