||Chapter 4||

~ XANDER ~

I was talking to Aunt Daph's eldest son Mason when he stopped staring at something behind me. "Oh god, Emerald is coming our way looking really pissed." He informed taking a sip from his wine. I was about to turn around when she came barging to the bar and flopped herself in the chair beside me. "Hand me the strongest drink you have." She barked at the bartender, who nodded with frightened wide-eyes.

"Who pissed-" Mason paused putting his hand in surrender when he saw the icy look she threw at him. 

"Em? Is everything alright?" I asked, cautiously. She cocked her head to my side and passed me a face splitting smile. At that moment, I regretted asking her the question. "Well, let's see, I was born and then, 28 years later I got hit by an over-possessive piece of shit called Liam fucking Starling. Now that dickwit is hovering around me pouncing on every single man I talk to, like a fucking predator. If that sounds alright? Then I am alright. I am fucking amazing." She cursed her husband.

Mason and my mouth form an O knowing what must have happened. Just then her husband came trailing behind her. "Em, how many times do I have to tell you to stop leaving my side." He sighed, never getting a reply from her. She was ignoring him as usual. "Babe, aren't you gonna talk to me now?" He nudged her side. "Babe, I am sorry, but seeing you again with... HIM. I just lost it." He grits his teeth. "Was I suppose to watch him take you away from me again?" He fumed, clenching his fist. 

Em, lets out an exasperated sigh. "He wasn't taking me away, you pig. Besides, it happened years ago Liam, he even apologized for what he did. Why did you have to insult him like that in front of everyone? That poor man had to leave the party, utterly embarrassed." 

Liam didn't look a bit guilty, rather scowled at her. "I don't trust that bastard, I nearly lost you because of him. I will rip his little head off before he can touch the tip of your fingernail." He growled.

Her shoulder slumps. "What am I going to do with you, Liam Starling?" She whispered, more like to herself.

"A kiss will do, for now." He suggested with a boyish grin on his face, she rolls her eyes with a small smile forming on her lips. He leans kissing her squarely on her lips which she responded eagerly.

Bipolar much?

"Wow, I can't believe I just wasted my 3 precious minutes watching this sappy shit." I gagged, scrunching up my nose in disgust. 

"I should go wash my eyes with alcohol." Mason shook his head shuddering. They pulled away grinning as we watched Mason take his leave.

"You can have this too if you pay a little attention to your dates," Liam smirks at me while snaking his arms around Em's waist, holding her possessively.

"Who said I want this sappy shit?" I scoffed at his suggestion.

"Nobody wants it, brother." Liam started getting a harsh glare from Em, which he ignored and continued. "But this shit hits you in the most unexpected way possible. Trust me, once upon a time I was exactly like you, even worse I presume. I was an asshole, never cared for any woman I bedded. Like you, I didn't care for my dates, never once got jealous or possessive. But then this woman." He stared at his wife loving who was busy chucking the drink down her throat, but paused as she noticed her husband staring at her. "She literally barged into my so-called peaceful life, created havoc, and changed my whole world within the first few minutes of our encounter. I became this insanely jealous/possessive man, that I never thought I was capable of." Emerald rolled her eyes, licking the last drop of her drink, but one can notice the undeniable glee on her face. 

"Yeah, he was a well-known fuckboy in Seattle, before he fell head over heels for me." Em agreed smugness dripped from her voice. "This was the only reason we met in the first place, he fucked up my ex-best friend, or so I thought and when I confronted him, he was this rude, a completely arrogant, egoistic pig, well, he is still a pig," Liam grunts at his non-so discreet introduction, but shuts up when his wife wraps her hands around his waist leaning into him. "But, now he is my pig." She completes with a big grin on her face.