||Chapter 12||

~ When you plant a seed of love, it is you that blossom. ~

XANDER ~

The guy in front of the big white screen kept talking but I can't focus on what he is saying. The meeting is almost near its end and all I could think of is what Alex be doing right now, she must have heard the news, what was her reaction?

My mind keeps wandering back to yesterday's events. She seemed pretty pissed. I won't lie, seeing the fire in those blue eyes, freaking turned me on, but her foul mouth just ruined everything.

I am so mad at her. Who does she think she is? No one talks to me like that.

I smirked, remembering her situation right now. Her company would be in a mess. I asked Tom to find out every single detail about her company, get information on all of their important clients, and persuade them to break ties with DreamDecor.

I know it was harsh kinda like bullying, but at this moment, I couldn't care less about what happens to them. I needed her for my plan, only her, and I am willing to go to any extent to force her to help me.

Looking down at my phone for the umpteenth time today, I breathe out frustrated. Why hasn't she called yet?

"Mr. Crawford? Mr. Crawford?" I heard them call and looked up to see everyone's looking back at me, for my opinion.

I have fucking no idea what is going on. I stare at Chris and he nods, giving me a signal to proceed with the current plan. "Everything looks fine just send me a detailed report and proceed as planned," I ordered. Everybody nodded before preparing to end this meeting.

"What is up with you? You zoned out the entire meeting. You never did that before, brother." Chris asked in a whisper tone, I sigh feeling a headache coming up.

That woman really knows how to tick me off.

"Nothing, I am not feeling-" Just then the conference room's door opened with a loud bang. Everyone present in the hall stared at something behind me with wide fearful eyes.

I turn around to see who the fuck dared to barge into the room like this and the person I saw made my jaw dropped. "Alex come with me please." Ms. Trisha was trying to drag Alex out, but she didn't budge an inch. I never imagined her to come up at me like this, I thought she would call me and apologize. 

Well, this is not the first time she surprised me. I smiled.

Her eyes were scanning through the hall before it settles on me. Holy fuck, If looks could kill, I probably would have died 100 times in 100 different ways today.

"You... Can I have a word with you?" She points her finger stari-no glaring at me. There was silence in the hall, everybody was probably wondering why the hell wasn't I doing anything.

If it was anyone else, he or she would be facing their worst nightmare right now, but I can't do anything to Alex. I need her right now.

I glanced at Chris. "Wrap this up." He nodded but wasn't looking at me. He was staring or more like gawking at Alex from head to toe like she was the first woman he ever saw.

Looking around the conference hall, let just say he wasn't the only one. My hands clenched into a fist with an unknown emotion, but when I looked back at Alex, I couldn't blame them, she looked ravishing, in that little dress of hers.

Damn, I need to calm my fucking hormones.

She folded her arms under her breasts making it pop up a bit and tapped her foot impatiently. "You want to come out or shall we talk here?" She snaps in a challenging way.