||Chapter 18||

~Real love is knowing someone's weakness and not taking advantage of them. Knowing their flaws and accepting who they are.~

~ ALEXIS ~

"How's this?" Trish took a 360 spin, showing me her dress. 

I analyzed her from head to toe and then shake my head, disapprovingly. "Too decent, look for something more slutty." I exclaimed, making her frown at me while Emerald and Eva laughed at my suggestion. 

It's Friday afternoon, 3 days after our trip to the hospital and I took a half-day off to shop for Trish's birthday tomorrow. It's going to be super special.

You ask why?

It's because... DICK'S GONNA PROPOSE!!!! 

HOW AWESOME IS THAT???

The day we came back from the hospital, they seemed to have made amends with the fact that they were having a baby.  

Later that night, after Trish fell asleep, Dick came to my apartment, looking quite nervous and lost. We talked and he told me that he wanted to propose to Trish and wanted the baby to be born out of wedlock. 

Too old school, I know, but so are Trish and Dick. 

Of course, I asked Dick if he is feeling forced to do so due to the baby... because if he was Trish would never want or even approve to get married. 

He denied quickly and confessed he already planned to propose. He also bought a ring a few weeks ago. He was just looking for a perfect opportunity to get down on his knees and he thinks this is the best time. 

When I was confirmed he really wants to do it and not just because of the baby, I jumped on him to give a tight hug and even cried a little. 

Thank god, he finally showed some signs of harboring some brain cells and balls. 

I was so proud of him for the first time in my life.

So, that's why here I am trying to get a perfect gown for the special evening. 

As for Emerald and Eva, they just happen to tag along. Yesterday, when Trish came to ask for shopping, Emerald was on the phone telling me that she told her husband about the pregnancy and he was thrilled, but when she heard the word shopping she invited herself in.

It turned out to be an awesome idea since Eva is a wedding planner, so, she and Emerald can help us to prepare the perfect proposal. 

Therefore, without wasting time, I asked them and they were more than happy to help.

"I think this slutty enough." Trish glared. I scrunch up my face in disappointment. She never learns. "No, it's all covered up, just a little exposed back isn't slutty enough, darling." I got up from the sofa, sighing. "I don't know, how will you live without me," I whispered loud enough for everyone to hear. 

Trish grinned. "Well, I am never going anywhere without you anyway." She shrugs blowing me a kiss. 

I pretended to catch the kiss with my mouth and eat it.

"Awee." Cooed Eva and Emerald munching on the chips packet. "No offense, but did anyone ever tell you that sometimes you guys look gay?"

Trish and I stare at each other before burst out laughing. "All the damn time," Trish nod. "Then Alex goes 'Are you even best friends if people didn't think you are gay?'" She added, making them laugh and nod in agreement.

Just then Eva's phone rings and she excused herself saying it's work.

"Here try this." I gave her a sparkly silver halter dress with an irregular hem. She scrunched up her face. "No way, I am wearing this, it's just a few of us Alex, this is too much."