||Chapter 2||

"When the dust settles and all the crowd is gone, the things that matters are faith, friends, and family."

HAPPY READING!!

~ XANDER ~

"Mom, for the millionth time I am saying this, stop setting me up with your friend's daughter. You know I don't like it." I grumble as I took a seat near my eldest cousin Aiden who was busy on his phone.

"Hello to you too my dear son. I am glad you could make it this weekend." Mom smiles and hits swiftly on the back of my head, making everyone else in the room laugh.

It was one of the usual weekends in our house where mom has prepared a family and friend dinner as she does every other weekend. 

Aunt Stella and Aunt Kiera were sitting on the couch beside mine along with grandma Lily. Every older male was probably in dad's study discussing politics and business with a glass of whiskey.

Although mom specifically arranges these dinners and lunch to gather everyone for a family and friends time, I sometimes can't make it due to work or had to travel abroad.  

"To answer your previous rant, this is for your good, Ok? You're already 32, you have to stop messing around with random girls and try to settle down." She pointed out flatly, passing a plate of cookies to Aunt Stella.

"But mom, I am not ready yet, I am too young," I complain, stealing one cookie from Aunt Stella's plate, popping it into my mouth. 

"32 years is old enough Xander. At this age, your dad and I were already been married for 3 years." She scolds. Aunt Kiera nodded agreeing. "Your mom is right Xan, you should already start dating."

"But I do date," I argued, leaning back on the couch huffing in frustration.

I heard a bunch of scoffs across the room. "Banging a bunch of girls and buying them expensive gifts to get off your back isn't dating brother." Said my smart ass cousin Aiden, which got him a glare from Aunt Stella to watch his words. He just shrugged.

"And you know about dating? Oh, that reminds me of how's Delilah? I heard she is seeing some Daniel guy." I raised my eyebrow, smirking. His unamused, pained expression sends peace to my heart.

She is the only woman who my brother ever wanted, but the former just have a hate-y feeling for him. I don't blame her though. Aiden is an insecure jerk, he did put her through hell before, and now when he realized his true feelings for her, it's too late. He has been chasing her for the past 2 years and she won't budge. 

She drives him crazy.

And I just love the TEA.

I heard a low whistle from Jason, Aunt Kiera, and Uncle Caleb's second born. "That must have hurt." Emerald, my favorite cousin whispers, taking a seat beside me. She the firstborn of Aunt Kiera and Uncle Caleb. She is just a couple of months older than me and two years older than Jason. 

"Shut your trap, shitface," Aiden in a low voice, which is supposed to sound scary. 

"Shitface? Me? Did you not see the Vogue yesterday? I was on the cover page, Dumbass," I smirked.

He glares at me. "With the Asshole of the year title? Yeah, I saw that." 

"See, that's why education is important. If you had gone to school, you would have been able to read better." I roll my eyes, then I remembered something. "Oh, Em, isn't Deli a teacher?" She nods in confirmation suppressing her laugh. " Ah, good. Can you ask her if she can tutor another manchild?" 

"Would you stop bringing her into the conversa-" He stopped when we heard my little sister scream. 

My heart stopped. Eva!