||Chapter 33||

~I fell for you by chance but stayed with you by choice.~

~ ALEXIS ~

"That's so sweet of you, Logan." I awed. 

We were at the Indian restaurant that Nina suggested. They were telling us about how they met and how did he proposed and stuff. Nina told me he even opened a flower shop on the first floor of his office building, knowing how much she loves being around flowers. 

"I can't believe you did this." I was surprised by the sweet gesture.

He shrugs, looking at his fiance, and placed a hand above hers that was situated on the table. Nina smiled at me avoiding Logan's eyes again.

Something was off.

Starting from when we met this afternoon, I am noticing certain things about them that felt a little strange. Nina was constantly avoiding meeting Logan's eyes. She looked awfully stiff around him. She constantly looked at him for approval for every step she took. 

When you look at our table, one can clearly notice the difference between them and us. While Xander and my chairs were close, there was a mile difference between theirs. Every time Logan tried to touch her, I swear I can see her flinch. While Xander stares at me with warm, soft eyes, Logan has dominance and power in his when he looks at Nina.

Last time, I didn't notice anything like this. Everything between them seemed so normal. They looked so much in love. So, why this sudden change?

Or was I becoming too irrational?

I heard Xander clear his throat and look up to see him staring at Logan. "So, Mr. Jones, I heard you run your father's food shipping business?" He talked for the first time since we've been here. "What was the name again? Quail-"

Logan took his eyes off me and answered Xander. "QuickkGrabs. Yes, it's pretty famous and a successful chain."

"Yes, it was very famous and regal. But as much as I remember, it  kinda went downhill after 2008- 2009, what happened?" He raises an eyebrow, curiously. 

Logan and I both froze. 

My face snap at Xander, wondering what he was trying to do?

Didn't he realize it was the same year when THE incident happened?

Then again, I never told him about Logan's father's business, how did he know?

Logan passed him a tight-lipped smile. "There was a small setback but it grew after that."

"It didn't really do well as before." Xander shrugs, sounding kinda sarcastic. "Your father had to shut down a bunch of the branches, didn't he?" Xander queried in - what seems like an innocent way, but I know he had other intention. 

But what?

"Yes, but it was doing comparatively better in California." Logan's voice was getting angrier. He was definitely starting to get annoyed.

Xander hummed. "Right. Why did you come here then? It's a tough market. Shouldn't you have been there and tried to grow it rather than coming here?"

"Why do you care, Mr. Crawford?" He literally snapped.

"Woah, don't get defensive, Mr. Jones. I didn't mean to offend." Xander raises his hand in surrender, snickering. "I was just saying, you know, that it was kind of stupid to sell a well-established company and come into a completely new place to start up the same business from scratch."

My eyebrows shot up at the revelation. "You sold your company?"

Logan completely ignored me. "How do you know about that? Did you check up on me, Mr. Crawford?"