||Chapter 9||

~ Your journey won't be the same as anyone else's, so don't let the world tell you what it's supposed to look like. ~

~ ALEXIS ~

"Are you ready to go, Alex?" Jade asks, arranging her desk. 

"No." I pout. "I have to arrange the schedule for the week, call some clients to confirm the meetings, and..." I showed her the draft I was working on. "Mrs. Fuller's grandchild's room needs to be completed by tomorrow."  

"Wow, that old hag won't just let go, would she? This is what, the 6th time you are redoing the room?" She asks, incredulously.

"8th." I corrected her. "She called this afternoon asking to redo the bed, apparently that didn't seem comfortable enough for her little princess, and the color of the room looked too tacky, which by the way was picked by her a few days ago. And don't even get me started with the bookshelf."

"Aww, I feel bad for you, Alex... and also a little relieved to be honest." She added chuckling while I glare at her. Why won't she? Mrs. Fuller was her client but due to heavy requirements of Stevensons and Co., an automotive company, she was appointed to that team and I was stuck with this unappeasable old hag.

She shakes her head, patting my shoulder. "Stay strong my dear friend, a few days and your favorite weekends will be here." She encouraged me.

"Trust me that's the only thing keeping me sane. Otherwise, I would be rotting in a prison by now, for ripping the heart out of that old hag." I snarled, wiping my unshed tears. 

She laughs. "Hang in there, sister, it will pass." She wishes me good luck and left after exchanging our goodbyes.

After almost 2 and a half hour later I turned off my computer, stretching my body. "Finally." I cried out. I really hate working.

Only if I was rich. I sighed.

I took the necessary files and entered Mr. Wellington's office after knocking. "Boss, here-" I stopped when I saw him sleeping soundly. Damn, he did it again. 

Shaking my head, I slowly made my way to his table. Keeping the files on the table, I carefully opened the small cupboard, where he keep his extra suits, blankets and pillows, and took out a blanket to cover him and adjusted a pillow on his back. "He is going to have a bad back tomorrow." I whispered sighing. I wrote some notes about the files and tomorrow's meeting before sticking it on the files. 

Slowly closing the door behind me, I called the nearest restaurant to deliver some food as fast they could, cause I know he surely hasn't eaten yet. After making the call I picked up my things and went out to eat. I am hungry too. 

On my way out, I saw David, our guard. "Hey, Dave," I called him. He smiled as soon as he saw me coming. "Hi, Ms. Cooper. How was your day?"

"Awful, couldn't get worse." I frowned shaking my head in dismay. "I hate working." He laughs at my obvious answer. "Why don't you just get married to some rich guy, Ms. Cooper? I bet you didn't have to raise a finger for the rest of your life." He mocked.

"I know right?" I sigh dramatically, he agrees nodding slowly. "But if I did that, the old man, will get really happy, and I can't let him be." I bob my head in determination. "No, no, it's my duty to make him go nuts." I grin making him laugh. 

"Ah, the classic Tom and Jerry." He says chuckling. Yep, that's what they call us, Tom and Jerry, because of our love-hate relationship. I prefer to be called Jerry, cause clearly I am the smarter one between the two of us.

I shrug. "Oh, right. I actually came here to tell you that I have called the food delivery service for the old man and since I'll be leaving now, let the delivery guy go up, okay?" I asked.