||Chapter 28||

~Courage is not the absence of fear. It's the ability to act in the presence of Fear.~

~ ALEXIS ~

"You sit here, I will come back with the first aid box." I helped her to sit comfortably on my couch.

After that accident, I offered to help and take her to the hospital but she refused, saying she wasn't hurt much and would like to go back home. I offered to call Logan too but apparently, he was busy with something and she didn't want to worry him with a few scratches.

Being the warm person -that I am- I couldn't just leave her alone, so I decided to bring her to my apartment, which was near the accident point. 

I came back with my medicine box and started treating her. Thankfully, there wasn't any serious damage. She had a sprained ankle and a few scratches.

She winced once in a while when the ointment stinks her wounds. I closed the box after properly treating her. "Thank you so much." She whispered, gratefully.

"Oh, it's nothing. Are you feeling alright?" I asked.

"I am ok. I should go back, I have so much work to do." She tries to get up.

I frowned. "You shouldn't work with those wounds, take some rest."

"No, no, it's nothing. I am usually very clumsy, so it happens to me all the time. Don't worry." She waves her hands.

"But-" I was cut off by my phone rings. It was a call from Jade. "Excuse me, this is from my office."

"Yeah, sure. Go ahead." She smiles, sitting back on my couch.

I nod and pick up the call. "Hey, when are you coming? Boss asked for you like two times." Jade's voice yells from the other side.

"What are you talking about? Isn't today Sunday?" I asked, confused.

"Wait- didn't you get the text message Karina send this morning?" She exclaimed.

Jesus, that bitch Karina again!

"I didn't get any message." I sighed, massaging my forehead. I don't understand that girl sometimes, well, all the time. I know there is a mutual dislike between us, but shouldn't she be a little more grown-up and not be a child when it comes to being professional.

"Did you check?" Jade asks.

"Trust me, I did." I haven't stopped checking my call log or inbox since last night!

"Well, that's odd." She sounds, confused. "Anyway, Boss called some of us today for some urgent meeting. Can you come fast? George is freaking out."

"Now? But I have a guest-" I paused when I look at Nina who was shaking her head mouthing, it's ok, we can go. "Ok, tell him I will be there in 15mins."

"Yeah, sure. Come fast." With that, we hang up.

"I am so sorry..." I started but she cuts me off with a shake of her head. "No, no. You don't have to apologize. I was going to go back anyway. You can drop me off on the way to your office." She said.

I smile, relieved. "Ok, I need to change real quick, can you wait for 5 minutes?"

"Yeah, sure." She says and I ran back to my room. "Ah, Alex." She calls out making me halt and turn around. "Yes?" I question.

She blushes before replying. "Can I use your washroom? I need to pee." 

I chuckled at her cute behavior. "Absolutely, there's one inside that room." I point to my study. "You can use that."