||Chapter 31||

~And in his smile I saw something more beautiful than stars.~

~ ALEXIS ~

"Ok, enough with this bodyguard shit. There's no way, I am not taking him with me today. Nope. Not.Gonna.Happen." I snapped as soon as I entered our room. 

For the past week, we have been staying at Austin's house. After hearing about the stalking incident, Xander wouldn't let me go anywhere alone. I had to come back to New York a couple of times for work, so he appointed TWO burly bodyguards that follow me everywhere I go. 

Every-Freaking-where.

When he said 'gift', I never in my wildest dreams thought it would something like this. I mean who the hell gifts a bodyguard? Why can't he be a normal person and gift me a free meal or dog or something like that?

Thankfully though, after a big ass fight, he agreed to just one bodyguard. But still, I don't understand why is Xander forcing this. I mean yes, I got a stalker on my back and yes, he seems a little crazy and we don't know what he is capable of doing but that doesn't mean I need someone to protect me..... 

Ok, I do need that. 

But no... It's so embarrassing. I am a full-grown woman. I don't need someone to protect me.

George and others even asked me about it, but I just waved it off, saying Xander got some threat calls, and he took it seriously. 

Yes, I am a superb liar.

"Ok." He agreed, pulling me out of my reverie. 

"No, I said I am not- Wait... Did you just say ok?" I asked again, confused. He bobs his head in yes. "Seriously? Wow, that was easy." I was surprised and pleased.

"Well, yeah, because I am going to drive with you today." He says while walking to his built-in wardrobe.

Now, I noticed, he was fully dressed in a suit. "Where are you going?" I asked, following behind him.

"To work." He turns around with two ties in his hand, showing it to me. 

I point at the blue one and asked. "What about Austin? Isn't today the day he was getting discharge?" 

He went to the mirror and adjusted his ties. "Yes, he is. Mom said she and dad would bring him to New York, so we could take care of him properly." He told me. 

My mouth opens in O as I nod slowly in understanding. "That would be actually nice."

"So, you are saying that he won't be there in my office or cafe?" I grin, hopping happily. But my happiness was cut short when he shook his head. "I didn't say that. I said I will drive you there, after that he will follow you around." He dropped the bomb, shrugging casually, and walks off towards his shoe section.

I follow him in there, yelling. "What? That's not fair! You said no bodyguard."

"I never said 'No bodyguard'." He points out while choosing a black pair of shoes and puts them on.

I glowered down at him. Did he just trick me? 

"I already told you, Jace, is working with Logan, then why do I have to keep him with me all the damn time? No, I refuse to take him anywhere with me," I whined, stomping my foot on the ground to prove my point.

"You will have to." He sighs, getting up.

"Why? I can take care of myself. Do you want to try?" I show him my fist, taking my fighting stance. 

He chuckles, grabbing my fisted hands and puts my fist down before pecking my lips. "No, babe. Thanks." He brushes past me to the bathroom and I walk behind him. "Then please no bodyguard."