||Chapter 16||

~If it makes you happy, it's never a waste of time.~

~ ALEXIS ~

"Alex, here." I heard a cheerful voice as soon as I entered the restaurant.

It was lunch hour, and Emerald had called an hour ago asking for our lunch plan. I was free, and I liked making new friends, so why not.

"Hi." Eva waved. I waved back while taking a seat across them.

"I really like your work wardrobe." Emerald piped in, looking at my work outfit. "Love shopping?"

"Well, thank you." I bowed my head a little, chuckling at the compliment. "Yeah, occasionally, I do."

"Ah," She clapped her hands, while Eva looked at me with pity in her eyes. "That's so awesome. I've got a new partner. You won't mind going out with me sometimes, would you?" She didn't wait for my reply and continued. "We are going to have so much fun shopping together. I am a great shopper. My last shopping partner, aka Eva, was so boring she would just go with anything at all. I mean, it's true, she looks good in everything, but she didn't even bother to try it on." She rambled on.

I stared at Eva, who was shaking her head slowly mouthing 'God bless you' she even proceeds to cross her heart and mouths 'Amen'. I laughed at that making Emerald look at us pointedly.

And I thought I was dramatic.

After placing our orders, Emerald spoke up. "So, I heard a little rumor that my dear cousin slept at your house yesterday?" Emerald grinned. "What did you guys do?" She teased.

Nothing happened.

But, I knew she wanted some juicy news, so being a generous person -that I am- I gave her what she wanted. "We had dinner, watched a movie, and..." I shrug. "Well, I don't kiss and tell." I winked at them. Emerald burst out laughing while Eva looked like she was getting sick.

I lied. A big fat lie.

In fact, I was so mad at that bitch. This morning when I woke up, he wasn't there on the couch. I got so worried because he had a slight fever in the middle of the night. So, I searched for him, worried that he might have fainted or worst died in my apartment, but he was nowhere to be found. Then I went to the kitchen and saw a note stuck to my refrigerator with a magnet.

It read-

I hope you searched for me worried because now you know how I felt that morning.

It wasn't all, when I turned the paper, there was more.

Revenge was taken... Justice has been served. 😈

He even put an evil smiling face in the end!

I swear sometimes he behaves not more than a 5-year-old.

.

We talked for some more until our order arrived. My pasta looked delicious. "This looks so-" I paused when I saw Emerald staring at her pesto pizza in horror. "Shit-" She heaved, placing her hands on her mouth and ran out of her chair. Eva and I looked at each other, worried, and followed her.

.

Yep, she was pregnant.

After Eva questioned her, she confirmed it. Eva looked beyond happy, and I congratulated her as well. She smiled and thanked, but she wasn't all happy. "Are you ok?" I asked, making Eva confused and stare at Emerald's face. "Yeah." She sighs. "Well, I am really happy."

"But..." I started, sensing the need for it. "I am sorry, didn't mean to pry." I quickly add.

"No, that's ok." She smiles softly. "Actually, its nothing, its- I just recently found out about this, and I haven't told anyone yet. I am kind of nervous." She giggles, fiddling with her fingers.