||Chapter 13||

~ Sometimes what you are looking for comes around when you are not looking. ~

~ ALEXIS ~

I slouched on my couch shutting my eyes close tightly while letting out a frustrated breath. Today was one hell of a day, I can't believe that asshole threatened me like that. 

Thankfully though that crazy son of bitch kept his words and made everything back as it was before. Everyone called and apologize for their sudden action and asked us to continue with our work.

Although I wanted to curse them for their unprofessional behavior, George and others were more than happy to have them all back. So, I'd to shut up.

Everyone in our company was beyond confused about what has happened, especially George. He asked me to meet in his cabin and bombarded me with multiple questions, but I was able to answer them without letting him know anything. 

He didn't look satisfied with my answers and asked me if everything and especially if I was really ok. I couldn't help but smile and thank him for his concern. I assured him that everything was ok, and it was just due to a small miscommunication.

My apartment door met with the side walls with a loud bang. "What the fuck was that, Alex?" An extremely pissed Trisha barged into my apartment with a grinning Dickson behind her with... popcorn in his hands? 

I will never be able to understand that dude.

"Trish..." I started but was cut off by her panic scream. "Please tell me this is not something to worry about. Alex, you know how much I love this job right? I may sound selfish right now, but please tell me you didn't do anything."

When I stormed out of Xander's cabin Trish stopped me asking me questions. Since I was in a hurry, I asked her to talk later. 

"I swear I didn't," I promised.

"Then what happened that you had to barge into the conference room like that? Did I not tell you how scary Mr. Crawford can be? Why would you do that?"

"I was really angry. He did something really stupid and someone had to tell Xander that not everything and everyone revolves around his ass," I replied making Trish and Dick gasp. "X-Xander? Do you call him by his name? When did you become so close? Oh my god, he is the problem we talked about over the phone last weekend, isn't he?"

I smiled at her sheepishly. "Maybe?"

"Maybe? You are giving me MAYBE?" She screamed. Again.

"Will you stop pacing around and sit down for this?" I asked her. She stared at me for a while but finally sighed and takes a seat beside me.

"What? No fight? But babe, you promised." Dick pouts. 

"Dick, don't overreact." I roll my eyes. He glares at me. "Rick, you illiterate fool, it's Rick."

"Ok, dick." I nod. Trish hit both of us in the head. "Oh, my god, stop it both of you, we have a bigger problem here."

"Right, so as I was saying, its nothing big. It's just that... we... I mean, Xander and I... we... actually..." She stopped me in the middle. "Tell me before I snap your tiny little head off."

"We slept." I blurt out. Trish cursed out loud jumping off the couch. "Please tell me you just cuddled."

"Well, we did cuddle afterward... if that counts." The color of her face turns whitish and her chest moves rapidly when she heard my answer.

"Oh, hell, I think I am gonna faint." She dropped on the couch holding her head while Dick pats her back. "Don't worry, we are both cool about it," I added quickly.