||Chapter 27||

~It hurts... Because it matters.~

~ ALEXIS ~

"Where the hell is he?" I thought to myself while staring at the side where Xander went to park his car. 

I was standing in front of one of my favorite diner and we were supposed to have dinner now but he has been parking his car for the last 15 mins. 

I don't blame him though this diner was the best in our area and always packed. It takes forever to find a parking place.

 A chilly gush of air passes by, making me shudder. I should have brought the jacket with me. The climate is getting colder day by day.

"Oh." I gasped, staring at the woman who came to stand beside me. She looked familiar.

I tapped on her shoulder making her turn around. "Hi." I chirped, waving my hand. 

She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows before they shot up in recognition. "Oh, you." She gasped, like me. "How are you? And how was the wedding?" She inquired.

I replied with a nod. "I'm fine. The wedding was awesome. Your chosen centerpieces were a blast, everybody loved it." She chuckles, thanking me.

"I am sorry, I forgot to ask your name that day," I asked.

"Oh, right." She slapped her forehead. "I am sorry, me too. My name is Nina Palmer." She holds her hand out to shake and I shook it. "Hello again, Nina. I am Alexis Cooper. You can call me Alex." I introduced myself.

"Pleasure to meet you again, Alex. And please call me Nin. It's cuter." She grins adorably making me chuckle. 

"Ok. So, Nin, how come you are here? Do you live near this neighborhood?" I questioned.

"Yeah. A couple of blocks away from here, actually. We shifted here from California, a month ago."

"We?"

"Yes, my fiancee and I." She blushes. So cute. 

"Oh, fiancee...that's cool." I smile. "So, you are here for dinner?"

"Yeah, my fiancee loves the New York strip and french fries of that diner." She points to the diner that I was going to. "He literally dragged me here."  

"Wow, really? I love that too! I am a regular here." I beamed.

"That's awesome. Since we are at the same diner, do you wanna eat together?" She suggested.

"That would be great." I clapped my hands together, nodding in agreement.

She chuckles. "So, are you here alone?" 

"No, Xander went to park his car like a million years ago. He hasn't returned yet." I answer, rolling my eyes.

She giggled. "Same. Logan went to park his car too." 

My heart skipped a bit hearing that name after 11 years.

"Logan?" I blurted, involuntarily.

Her lips tuck up into an adoring smile. "Yes, Logan Jones, my fiance." 

A shiver ran down my spine as unwanted emotion started rushing all through my body.

No, it can't be him. 

That's not possible. They promised that he will not return. This is-

Her smile widens looking something behind me. "There he is." She says, before shouting his name. "Logan here!" She shouts, waving her hands up in the air.