||Chapter 19||

~Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.~

~ ALEXIS ~

"You can come in, now." We heard Trish call. 

Xander was standing far away, looking anywhere but us. Apparently, we embarrass him. 

I mean how are three women leaning against the door with glass cup in their hands is embarrassing?

"Go, please go inside," Xander says, looking around us. I roll my eyes and get inside, grinning widely. 

My best friend is finally engaged. 

"Congratulations!" We hollered, once inside. 

"Thank you so much." She hugs us all and nods at Xander.

"Why are glasses in your hands?" Dick asked.

"It helps to listen through the door better," Eva explained. His lips opened in O but his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

That was a funny expression. But then he is funny looking, so I don't know if it's the expression or himself.

"Anyway, show me the ring," I asked. She did. "Wow, this is gorgeous." I gushed along with Eva and Emerald. "This is so beautiful." They said.

"Thank you, and thanks for helping him plan this, I know he didn't plan this alone." Trish smile.

I shrug. "Of course. He doesn't have enough brain cells to think of something like this." Trish smacks the back of my head for insulting her fiancee, while everybody else laughed.

"Thank you for making this the best birthday of my life." Trish sniffs and I hug her.  

"I can't believe my little girl is all grow up and getting engaged. I am so proud of myself." I cry out dramatically and opened my arms. "Come here everyone, let me hug you all," I say for everyone to join and they did except for Xander. 

When I looked at him he showed me his hands. "I am good." 

Well.

~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~

After the party was over, we sat down on the couch. "Aren't you uncomfortable in that dress?" I asked Trish, who was cuddling with Dick. She shakes her head. "No, I love it." She grins. Dick chuckles, kissing the side of her.

Emerald sighed looking at the happy couple. "I miss my husband."

"At least you have someone to miss! I am gonna die single." Eva cried out.

"Me too." I followed her. 

Everybody suddenly stopped what they were doing to stare at me. I looked back at them. 

What? 

Xander chuckled nervously pinching my back. "What are you talking about, babe?"

"Oh, right. I have Xander." I slapped my forehead, chuckling nervously. "You see, I've been so single throughout my life that I sometimes forget I've got an actual boyfriend now." I laughed in a very fake high pitched manner, but thankfully no one notices.

"What?" Eva said with wide surprised eyes. "You never had a boyfriend before?" Emerald completed.

Trisha laughs. "No, she didn't. Some fling-" Dick interrupted her. "A lot of them." Trish hit his hands to shut him up and continued. "Some... flings but not a single boyfriend."

"Really?" This came from Xander who was situated beside me. I shrug in reply. "I never found anyone who is interesting enough to commit my time with. It's usually just meet, ba-have fun, and get out."