||Chapter 17||

~Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.~

~ ALEXIS ~

The car stopped in front of my apartment building and a frowning Xander stares at me. "Can I come up? Just for a cup of coffee, or water will do too." He asked me with hope gleaming in his eyes.

I roll my eyes. "Nope."

"One last kiss then." He leans forward puckering his lips.

I put my finger on his forehead and push him away. "Moments over, babycakes. It's not happening." Laughing, I opened the car door and walk around the car, stopping in front of his door. He rolls down his window as I lean, giving him a clear view of what he yearned for right now.

The corner of my lips pulls upwards hearing him grunt like he was in pain. "Why are you doing this to me?"

"Contract, darling, contract." I remind him. "No sexual activities except for occasional kisses when absolutely necessary."

"Not even one tiny little peck? It's absolutely necessary for my little man down there." He pleads, pointing at the bulging area in his pants. Ouch, that looks painful.

I laugh out loud, nodding. "Okay, then."

"Yay," He excitedly leans forward closing his eyes.

I may not know him well but I do know that if I let him kiss me, we would surely end up on my bed... and not just cuddling.

So, I grab his face turning it to the side, and gave him a big wet kiss on his cheeks too close to his lips. "Good night," I whisper, seductively, licking his lower lip.

Before he could process what just happened, I ran back inside the building, while he screamed at me from his car.

That was fun. I thought, laughing.

As I rode the elevator to my apartment my phone dinged with a notification.

You are an evil, EVIL woman, Alex. I will remember this, and I swear to god, I will get revenge for my dead soldier. -X

Dead soldier? Oh god!

This made me laugh so hard that the people riding the elevator with me took a few steps away from me.

~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~ ~.~

"Dude, I can't believe you are going out with him." Jade squealed pointing at the picture in her brother's phone.

"How long have you been going out?" Gabby questioned.

"Why didn't you tell us? I am hurt." This came from frowning a Sam.

I was now in my office surrounded by 10 or more people, throwing questions at me about my not-so-secret relationship with Xander.

Yesterday's party was apparently a huge event and now every freaking newspaper and social media are filled with pictures of Xander and me.

I had no fucking idea this was such big news, I mean I knew people will talk but damn, it is literally freaking everywhere. I even got a call from my mom to confirm the news, who claims that she heard it from someone who came to our bakery.

I mean WHAT THE HELL?

Obviously, I had to lie to her and felt extremely bad when she got super excited over nothing.

I've been getting calls, texts, and emails from everyone I ever knew asking me the same. It's so fucking annoying.

On top of all this, Xander keeps calling to ask if I was okay. Even he had no idea this will become such big news. He thought people will not bother with another woman in his arms since he is always seen with a new girl each time he attends any event.