||Chapter 32||

"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."

~ ALEXIS ~

"I want to go back to work," I whined, stomping my foot on the ground to grab his attention.

"No, the doctor said to rest." He says between his jogging.

"He said that 3 days ago! I am perfectly fine now. Look at me." I swirl around to prove my point.

He paused his treadmill and heaved a sigh. "You promised, you would listen to me."

"I am listening." I shrug. "I didn't promise to obey," I added in a small voice.

He folded his arms, staring at me narrow-eyed. "Do you want me to talk to George? I can do that." 

I scrunch up my face and huff in frustration. "Ok, fine, but today is the last day. I am going to work from tomorrow." I countered, almost yelling.

"We will see." He leans down for a kiss, but I suck my lips into my mouth, so he can't, and ran out of the room.

Stubborn bitch!

I went back to watching some random videos on YouTube. Xander won't let me do anything and I was bored out of my mind. "Oh, Trish!" I yell happily when I saw her coming through the door. "Great, I was getting bored. Let's go out for lunch."

She shook her head, chuckling. "I am sorry, Alex. I am only here to give the boss these files. I have to go back to the office soon."

"Oh, come on, stay, please. Should I ask him-" She didn't even let me complete the question. "No, I already took a long leave, and have a lot of pending work." She smiles. "I will come after work." She assured, looking behind me. "Mr. Crawford, here are the files you asked for."

"Thank you, Trisha." He nods, taking the files out of her hand. Trisha leaves shortly after that and Xander went to work in his study.

I was again alone and left with my thought of the day of my parent's visit. 

They bombarded me with multiple questions, which I tried to answer as naturally and calmly as possible. They were freaking out like crazy and even forced me to come back home... permanently.

Not thanks to their freak out, the Crawford's, who just came to see me, found out about the stalking incident and were incredibly worried. Nolan even increased security around the penthouse. 

Talk about an overreaction!

Thankfully though, Xander and Trisha didn't tell them about my chasing fiasco. We just told them I fell accidentally. I know if they found out about that, they would've taken me with them, for sure.

Mom and dad refused to leave me here but agreed only after Xander promised to look after me.

LOOK AFTER ME. ME! A freaking 28 years old woman who is perfectly fine to take care of herself.

It irked me, but I decided not to defy them since I want to live and work here.

"What do you want for lunch?" Xander's voice pulls me out of my reverie as he comes to sit beside me.

"Why don't you decide? Since you are already deciding everything for me." I huffed, turning and sliding away from him.

He breathes out, pulling me near him. "Don't get mad. I just want you to get well soon."

"But I am alright now," I argued. He rose his eyebrows. "You got dizzy and almost fell down the stairs yesterday." 

I blinked, staring away from him. "I-I am naturally clumsy." I lied. He rolls his eyes. "Right."