looking for kat.

i come downstairs a little bit in a hurry, and i had put on any shoes that were in the front of my closet. i grabbed my keys on the way down.

i see david standing by the door, looking more worried than i saw him before. i went up to the door while he stood on the side, "it'll be okay we'll find her." i said as i placed my hand on his arm.

he stared at me for a second and then i looked away and opened the door, we went towards my car and backed out the driveway.

i went towards kairis house. "where are we going?" he asked with a firm tone. i was a little shaken by it and i didn't want to tell him. i didn't want to tell him because i didn't want him to get mad. to explode.

i didn't want kat to get in trouble more than she probably was. I'm pretty sure i was thinking too much in my head and david asked me again "diana. where are we going?"

it more firm this time, he touched my hand that was on my lap, he grabbed it hard at first but then he loosened his grip.

i looked at him and then saw the sadness and worry in his eyes, i had to tell him something for stability. "we are going to see if she's at one of our friends house." i said, i looked away.

eye contact always made me uncomfortable, sometimes I'd be able to do it with it feeling uncomfortable, but this was different.

i wasn't lying, i mean kairi is our friend but he'll probably get mad at me. he lets go of my hand and looked straight to the road.

i glanced and saw his jaw clenched, i don't know what he was feeling anymore. after a couple minutes of complete silence, we pulled up to kairis driveway.

his car wasn't there but i was hoping his mother was. "what the fuck are we doing here, who's house is this?" david asks me.

"come on I'm pretty sure she was probably here last night." i said, i walked towards the house and david was following right behind me.

i go up to the door and knock on it. kairis mother opens the door and she smiles at me."hi diana, what can i do for you?" she asks.

"um, yeah I'd like to know if kat was here with kairi last night?" i asked, i can feel david either confused or angry, honestly he might be feeling both.

"yeah she was here last night, she fell asleep I'm pretty sure." she said with a nice tone.

david pushes past me and is in front of me now looking at kairis mother. "where is she??" he asked, in a firm tone that scared me a bit.

i didn't know if he was going to do something if he didn't get kat at once. i grabbed his arm just above the elbow, and tugged on his arm hoping he'll back up. but he didn't.

"she went out with kairi for breakfast." she said, her tone matched his. david did not get the answer he wanted because after he heard her say that, he shrugged my hand off of his arm and stormed back to where the car was.

i looked at him pretty upset with his behavior, but also felt a little guilty. "I'm so sorry about that." i said in a softer tone.

"is he her brother?" she asks me.

"they are twins actually, he's really protective over kat, i don't know what he's feeling right now, but I'm sorry that he lashed out like that at you." i said.

"it's okay sweetie, i can tell he didn't mean too." she said with a smile.

"yeah well can you please tell kat, if she comes back here, to go home and tell her to text david that she's okay." i said.

i smiled and i went to the car where david was. i got in the drivers seat and looked over where david was sitting, he looked angry so i didn't say anything to him.

i pulled out of kairis drive way and went to were david and i lived. "diana, why didn't you tell me kat was dating this guy?" he asked, with a tight tone.

i can feel his angry stare, and i was a little afraid to answer. "because you would've gotten more mad, and don't get mad at kat, shes 16."

"david she's still your younger sister but she can date and hang out with who ever she wants. besides kairi is a great guy." i said looking straight at the road.

"i just don't understand why she didn't tell me, she had me running around on a goose chase looking for her, when she was just hanging out with him." he said.

"i know but i can't decide for her, she probably got scared." i replied.

he sighed and i felt his gaze on me, "thank you diana, it means a lot that you helped me." he said.

he still looked a little made but i can tell that he actually meant it, i saw his eyes soften and his clenched jaw, relaxed a little bit.

i looked at him for a second and gave him a soft smile, "of course, you're welcome." i said.

we drove in silence, this time it wasn't awkward and there was less tension between us. i felt happier knowing that he wasn't completely angry at me anymore.

after about 10 more minutes we got to our houses, i parked in my house. "do you want to come inside for a drink or something?" i asked politely.

"sure." he said, we got out of my car and walked towards my house. i go to my front door and open it, david followed behind me.

once we got inside we went to the kitchen, "what would you like to drink?" i said.

"tea." he said.

at first i thought it was weird, he never used to like tea, i used to drink it to calm my nerves. i also used to ask if he wanted some and he would always say no.

"tea?" i said, looking at him with an eyebrow raised.

-
-

AUTHORS NOTES
hope you enjoyed this part!!
make sure you follow me and ex boyfriend for updates!!

xoxo