saved.

I froze, I felt like I couldn't move. I was stuck to the floor and I just wanted to run. I saw him come closer to me and the only thing I could do is use my hands to hide my face.

then I felt an arm push me back a little bit and then there was a body in front of me. I looked at the body and they were wearing a loose grey t shirt and I remember who was wearing that.

I moved myself closer to him knowing that I was safe now. his arm was still out making sure that the guy that was drunk didn't get to me.

"leave now." mattia says to the drunk guy. he scoffs "whatever man." he says. mattia may not have a lot of muscles but I've seen him fight, he's not afraid to get into one.

"LEAVE NOW!" mattia yells and his yell made me jump. I never heard him so angry and you could hear it in his voice. I saw his body tense up, I wanted to reach out to him but I knew that it could be a bad idea.

I saw the boys eyes grow with fear, I then I saw mattia's friend behind us. they were bigger, I know that these boys didn't go to our school so it was possible that he knew them from tiktok or another town.

the guy was basically thrown out and forced to leave, this caused quite a scene and I hated having all the attention on me it made me so uncomfortable.

I finally wasn't frozen to the ground anymore and I let my legs take me where ever they wanted to go. I ended up going upstairs to my room, but I wanted to breathe.

so I opened my window and I went up to my roof. it was the fastest thing I could think of, at that moment. I was hoping that I didn't slip and fall onto the cement. it was a far way down.

I get up there safely and I sat down where I usually sit, I bring my knees to my chest and I lay my head on my knees. so many things were going on in my head, I felt like I was going to explode.

so many things were happening at once and it was making me overthink a lot. it was still summer but the nights would always get chilly.

I saw the concentration leave my mouth and I watched it glide up to the atmosphere. I felt myself shiver from the cold breeze and goosebumps began to form on my skin.

"I knew you would be cold." I hear a familiar voice say. I was so lost in thought that I didn't even hear him come up the ladder. I look over where the ladder is and I see a small smile on his face.

"I brought you a blanket." mattia says. I give him a small smile back as well and he walks over to me and puts the blanket around my shoulders.

I was still hugging my knees so I just grabbed the ends of the blanket so it wouldn't fall. I noticed that there was a small cut on mattia's cheek.

"what happened?" I say; reaching towards the small cut, once I touch the small cut, I earn a hiss of pain that comes out of his mouth.

he still didn't answer my question, "who did that to you?" I ask him again only this time I was holding his cheek in my hand forcing him to look at me.

"just some assholes at the party. its no big deal you should've saw what I did to them." he says proudly.

I raise and eyebrow, "when we go back, I'll clean that up for you, okay?" I say. he nods and my hand began slipping away from his cheek.

then I felt his warm hand grab my wrist, causing me to flinch. he loosen his grip on my wrist and I turned my head to look at him, my eye brows pulled close together.

"why do you always flinch like that?" he asks me, I honestly don't know why I do that, I always flinch when someone does that to me I guess it's just a reflex.

"I don't know.." I say quietly, while shrugging. then he puts my hand back on his cheek holding it with his two hands. "you're cold." I say probably sounding worried.

I take my hand off of his cheek again and I grab the blanket he brought me, and wrap it around him. at first he refused the blanket but then when he realized he couldn't fight me on this; he placed half the blanket on me and half on him.

at first both of our arms were touching closely together. "maybe now you'll warm up, since you're only wearing a t shirt." I say playfully. he laughs and then I laugh with him.

then our laughter died out and we both looked up at the sky, for once I didn't feel the need to over think. being up here with mattia gave me a sense of calm and peace.

I took in the fresh air and admired the stairs, I looked for the shapes that they made and thought of what they could be. "its beautiful up here, I can see why you come up." I hear mattia say.

his voice was so calming and it didn't bother me that he was talking to me. "its refreshing, isn't it. sometimes I stay up here for so long that I forget that there's a whole world in front of me." I say looking at him while I said the last part.

I made instant eye contact with him and it felt like a jolt of electricity went through my body. it was surprising but It felt as if we connected in some sort of way.

I felt myself become drawn to him, like a magnet.

-

-

AUTHORS NOTES
thanks for reading!!
if you guys want to be a part of this book, pls send me a b&w photo of mattia, and I'll put it as the picture of this weeks part. you'll get credit but pls dm me on instagram: nypolibio.
make sure you follow me and ex boyfriend for updates!!!

xoxo