the couch.

I soon felt embarrassed about the whole thing and I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks. mattia grabbed my hands and stopped me from picking my nails.

I didn't notice that I was picking my nails until he grabbed my hands. "don't get me wrong, I want this but I remember what you told me yesterday." he says.

I was thinking about what I said and I instantly regret telling him that. but i was right and he was right to stop.

"you're right." i say and i pushed the embarrassment away. it shouldn't be embarrassing that we are taking our time in this new relationship.

he looks at me, he looked a little confused but i smiled at him and got up from the couch. "come on i have to finish getting ready." i say.

i have my hand out so he can grab it, and he does. i lead him up stairs to my room and i sit on my vanity. i then continue on getting ready.

mattia is sitting on my bed and starts talking to me about anything while he waits.

a couple minutes go by and mattia asks me "are you done yet??" in a inpatient tone.

"yes, give me two minutes okay?" i say laughing a bit on how impatient he got when it's only been 5 minutes.

two minutes go by and then I'm done getting ready. i put all the things i used away, and i turn around and look at mattia.

"all done!!" i say. "great!" he says, we both get up from where we were sitting and head to my bedroom door.

we both walk down stairs, and then I remember that there is still a little bit of trash lying around. it was mostly just red solo cups on the ground.

"im going to clean this up, its been here for too long." I say. I then look around my kitchen for a garbage bag.

the bags are always in a drawer, I grab one and then I see mattia's hand out. so I give him the one I pulled out and since there wasn't much trash we only needed one.

he opened the bag and I started picking up cups and placing them in the bag. we both were talking and trying to rush this because we were hungry.

once we were done, mattia tied the bag and I took the bag from him and went to the back door to throw it out in the trash cans outside.

I look around for a second and then I look down at the ground, I see a completely black kitten. it was laying on its paws and it looked like it was resting.

I got closer to it, and it perked up. it started walking but then I noticed that it was limping.

I got closer and it started meowing and hissing at me, the kitten was feral so I expected it to hiss.

it looked like it was about 2-3 weeks old. I quickly went inside to look for oven mits so it wouldn't bite me. "why are you getting oven mits." mattia asks mr while im looking for them.

"there's a black kitten, and its limping." I reply. I find the mits and quickly get outside. the kitten was still limping and meowing.

I gently pick the kitten up and look at the hurt leg. it was the left back leg, and it looked like it was broken. i check the kitten out and saw that it had fleas.

I used to volunteer at an animal shelter so I know somethings about animals, especially cats and dogs.

I checked for its gender and it was male. I checked if there were any wounds or cuts because I wanted to give him a flea bath.

there wasn't any cuts which was surprising, it continued to meow and I tried to come up with a name for him.

"hmm, what should your name be?" I say. i hear the door open, I turn around and see mattia by the door.

"his name should be Salem" mattia says. I liked the name a lot. "hi salem, im going to give you a flea bath now." I say looking at the kitten.

"im going to give him a bath and then we have to go to the vet." I said to mattia. "should I order food while you're giving salem a bath?" mattia asks me.

I nod and then I go inside, and mattia follows behind me. I walk to the bathroom and I made sure Salem's leg was okay.

I take some dawn soap, I know that its good for animals and then I wet salem with some water.

"do you want ihop?" mattia says as his head pops into the bathroom. I nod and he takes out his phone. "what do you want?" he says.

"uhh get me an Oreo milk shake with a 2x2x2." I say. "okay." he says. a lot of the conversation was salem meowing and hissing, which was kinda cute and funny.

mattia then leaves and I continue on caring for salem, I make a soap ring around his neck to keep the fleas from traveling up to his face. then I gently wash his body and I was very careful with his leg.

he tried to scratch me multiple times and bite me but he didn't get me. I washed him goof and made sure all the flea dirt was off of him.

then I gave him a sponge bath on his face and made sure to get the fleas off of his face.

after that I wrapped him in a small hand towel and made sure he was completely covered and warm. I was gentle with moving him and wrapping him because of his leg.

he then stopped meowing and began to purr, it was so cute. I walk out of the bathroom and saw mattia on the couch laying down.

im pretty sure he was on tiktok because of the sounds. I walk over and sat next to him on the couch. "look he's purring." I said, bringing salem close to him.

-

-

AUTHORS NOTES
i hope you've enjoyed this part, sorry for the delays.
make sure you follow me and ex boyfriend for updates!!!

xoxo