the marina.

kat and I were upstairs and I was looking in my closet. "what do you want to wear kat?" I ask her. I look at her and see her shrug her shoulders.

I show her and outfit, I show her a pair of medium wash baggy jeans with rips in them, and then I show her a cropped shirt with lettuce straps.

she nods her head and then I hand them to her. I decided I wanted to wear white pants and a cropped light blue shirt, and some jordan ones.

we franticly got ready because knowing david, he would probably leave without us if we aren't downstairs quickly.

then I saw kat over by my night stand and I saw her pick something up that I forgot was there.

"hey what is this note that's on your nightstand?" kat asks me, "what note?" I ask. "its a napkin and it has your name on the front." she says.

"oh yeah my mom found it at the hospital, I haven't read it yet but I'm going to read it later, so just leave it there for now" I say.

"okay but what do you this it says." she asks me, I shrug my shoulders and saw her put it on my night stand.

then we rush down stair and we see that david was still on the couch waiting. "finally you guys are ready." he says in a small angry tone.

kat and I looked at each other and we both give out a small laugh, then david gets up from where he was sitting and headed towards the door.

we follow david and go out side, we walk over to their house since they live so close. then he takes out his key from his pocket and walks towards his car.

his car was black and he also had his windows tinted, which I don't think is legal in new jersey but whatever.

kat and I both look at each other and then I said "shotgun!" and she said it a second after me, we both ran to the passenger side of the car, we both didn't realize at the time that it was a two person car.

I opened the door and looked under the seat so it could put the seat to the front so that kat had space to climb to the back. she had that iconic frown that she's been having for a while.

"you guys are so childish." david says with a sigh as he steps inside the car. he turns on the car and then we all put on our seat belt.

"you guys ready?" david asks us. kat and I nod and he backed out of his drive way. "so where are we going?" he asks me.

"um... lets go to the marina." I say. "the marina!??!!" kat says. I nod my head and say "come on it'll be fun." I say.

"diana that's like two hours away, sometimes even more depending on traffic." she says. "I'll pay for gas, I promise." I say.

then we both look at david since he's basically the deciding factor of this situation. "lets go to the gas station and gets some snacks, also I know a marina that's closer than the one that you're thinking about kat." he says.

"ya!!" I say. the entire time that he was driving us to the closest gas station I was looking at his hand on the stick and looking at his hand change gears.

and then I was looking at his foot press into the clutch while his hand moved. "how do you even do that?" I say out loud.

then I think back and realized that I said that out loud, I felt a bit of warmth flowing up to my cheeks.

what made it worse was seeing kat and david look at me. "uhh, I learned and then I practiced." he says.

then I saw kat sit back and take out her phone in the corner of my eye. I laugh at myself in my head. since I felt like I was making it a bit awkward I decided to say something else.

"how did you learn?" I ask him. "my dad taught me." he says. then I see kat poke her head in the seats between david and I. "davey can I but music on." she says.

'davey' was what kat called her brother, she knew he hated it but she's been calling him that since they were babies. she mostly does it now to annoy him.

"of course, anything for the uglier twin." he says. she gives him a fake smile and goes back into her seat, since the car was connected with bluetooth she put on music pretty quickly.

5 minutes later we were at the gas station, "I'll prepay it when I go inside, how much should I put in?" I ask david. "$20" he replies. "alright, kat and I are going inside to get snacks, do you want anything?" I ask him.

"um get me a water, some oreos and a small bag of potato chips." he says. I nod and then kat and I go inside. first I go to the cashier and tell them to put $20 in the tank that david was in.

then kat and I go buy our snacks, I got Arizona, and some chips, they also had mochi in the freezer so I got two of the mint chip flavor and the cookies and cream flavor.

I knew that I was going to have to eat that quickly since its ice cream.

kat got some snacks that I didn't even know existed. then we took our snacks to the cash register.

kat decided that she would pay for the snacks so I gave her david and my snacks.

once she payed for it they placed it in a bag and then we went back to davids car.

david was still putting gas into the car and kat and I just got inside the car, and waited for him to get in.

-
-

AUTHORS NOTES
hope you enjoyed this part!!!
photo creds: aalyazy550
make sure you follow me and ex boyfriend!!!!

xoxo