gas station order.

once david was done putting in gas he came inside the car and started it up again.

"what you guys get?" he asked. kat takes out the food that she brought for herself and handed the bag to me.

"um we just got what you told us to get." I say looking inside the bag and taking out his things that he wanted to get.

I handed his things to him and then the bag remained with my things.

"what did you guys get?" david says as he looks at me and kat.

he looks down at kat's things and then he asks "kat what even are those things?"

"what they are good snacks." she says. "yeah right." he says back.

then he looks at my things and grabs this bracelet thing that I got.

"what is this?"  he asks me, "its to help with motion sickness, I don't know exactly how it works but when I would go on road trips and planes, I would always bring them because it would help a lot." I say.

I look back up after looking at my bracelet and explaining it's meaning.

I think I put him in shock or he didn't understand anything I was saying, because he looked at me with a blank expression on his face.

"what the fuck are you even saying." kat says right behind me.

then I see david nod his head in agreement. "whatever lets just go." I said with a small laugh. then david starts the car and we get out of gas station.

the whole road trip took a while, im pretty sure I was asleep the entire time.

I dont know if kat was asleep as well. after a while, we got there david woke me up and I sat up on the seat.

"we're here." he says. I look out the window and just see the deep blue water.

usually the marina is cold but since its still summer it was warm outside. I got out of the car and kat was already outside of it.

then following along david got out of the car as well. for a second I just stood there, I let the salty breeze hit my face and my body.

the air was cool from the water and it helped with the hot air and the blazing sun.

I felt a sense of calm, it felt amazing.

It was like a feeling that I needed after all the the chaos that's been happening these past few days.

then I see kat and david go by a bench that was close by. I follow behind them and then they sit down. I sit next to kat.

"so is this what you wanted?" kat asks me. I nod and we all had a small moment looking at the boats parked on the water by the decks, it didn't feel awkward at all.

it was comforting and im glad I suggested on going out. after a while we all decided to get up and walk around. its wasn't like the beach at all the deep water was right under us and it went pretty far.

so we tried not to go too close to the edge of the path. we talked and had our laughs but soon we were all starting to get hungry. "lets go eat, I'll pay." david says. kat and I run to the car and of course I got the front seat again.

then david got in and then we all put on our seat belts.  for a second I looked at the driver seat and saw david smile at me. as a reflex I looked away immediately. I didn't feel anything, I didn't even feel embarrassed.

it was just weird because I remembered what mattia told me about him. it was blocking from feeling anything toward david, which isn't a bad thing but still it was weird that mattia got into my head like that.

speaking of mattia, I haven't talked to him since the day he left the hospital. I haven't texted him and I dont know why I haven't.

"where do you guys what to go to eat?" david asks kat and I. he broke my train of thought but I still wasn't answering because I was still thinking about things in my head.

I hate the fact that I overthink simple things but it just happens. my mind goes back to the house I felt like I needed to do something back there.

my mind can't seem to put the pieces together. "hello?? earth to diana." kat says between the front seats. "huh?" I say.

"where should we go eat?" kat says, basically repeating what david said before. "uh, I dont know I'm honestly okay with anything."  I say.

"okay." kat says dragging the 'y'. for some reason I go back to that blank space of thinking and it seems to be distracting me a lot.

my mind just wonders and I don't know how to prevent from doing that. anything thing that popped up in my head I thought deeply about it. I was in thought for a while.

"we're here!!!" kat says pretty loudly, I jump a bit and then I look around the car. I hear the back door slam, I look over to the driver side and david wasn't there. i looked around again and there was no one in the car.

then I see my door open and I see david holding the door open and holding his hand out. "are you okay?" he says. I nod, then I take his hand and step out of the car.

kat walk nexts to me and then she puts her hand over my shoulders. "what's going on?" she asks me quietly. "nothing, just been thinking a lot. its not a big deal okay." I say in a reassuring tone.

she nods and we walk inside into the restaurant, it wasn't a common restaurant it was a local one. we get seated and I sit next to kat, and david sits in front of us in the booth.

they hand us the menus and we look at them, and think about what we are going to get.

-

-

AUTHORS NOTES
hope you enjoyed this part!!
if you want to be part of this story, you can send me pictures in b & w of mattia, you will get credit at the end of each part if i use your photo. pls dm me on insta: nypolibio.
make sure you follow me and ex boyfriend for updates!!!!

xoxo