hospital.

DIANAS POV

i woke up and saw the lights, they were so bright, the smell was like chemical but earthy at the same time. i looked to my side and saw a whole bunch of things wired to me.

i started to panic. where was i. i looked at my arm and saw needles inside of my veins. i had a hospital bracelet on. i wondered how i got here.

i tried to get up immediately but someone pulled me down. i looked to see who it was and it was...david. he was still with me.

"david?? what happened to me?" i asked. i guess he heard the panic in my voice and gave me a soft look.

"you fainted. it turns out that you've had a fever and you weren't treating it correctly, your immune system is weak, you haven't been eating very well either." he replied.

"oh." i said. i honestly didn't know what to say. i haven't been paying a lot of attention in my eating habits lately, i don't even remember the last time i ate a full meal.

and i thought the fever would go away by itself. I'm guessing it didn't.

"I've called your parents by the way." david added. "you did what?!?" i said, sitting up quickly. i immediately regretted doing that.

my head started spinning and i felt sick. i held my head hoping it will stop the feeling of dizziness. my eyesight went black.

"diana!! are you okay??" david asked, i felt him running to my side. i felt at ease when his hand reached to my shoulder.

"I'm fine" i said touching his hand. my eye sight came back and i saw david's worried face. i gave him a soft smile, hoping that it'll comfort his worry.

the soft moment was interrupted by a knocking on my hospital room door. i look to see and kat is by the door holding a stuffed animal and balloons.

"diana!!! are you okay???" kat says. i give her a small laughing. "i feel fine kat." i say.

kat glance angrily at her twin brother, "and you, why were you with her? why didn't you help her? did she NOT look sick to you even the slightest." kat yells at david.

david standing on my other side, looks unbothered by the way kat was yelling at him. "and where were you, kat. we were out looking for you. honestly I'm glad i was at LEAST there. she could've fainted when no one was around, who knows what could've happened." david said calmly.

kat looked a little hurt by his words. she brushed it off like she always does but i know that it'll be on her mind all day, she'll probably blame herself for me being here and that's the last thing i want.

"can you please not blame each other, i am here because I can't take care of MYSELF. I'm fine now. I'm sorry to worry you guys. I'll be okay i promise." i said looking at kat.

david huffed and sat by the seat next to my bed. "how long have you been here?" i asked david. i looked at his eyes, he looked pretty tired. i don't think it was me though, we couldn't have been here for so long, could we?

I'm pretty sure he was really tired from last night from worrying about kat. "we got here at 12, it's...5 now." he said checking his phone.

i started to panic.

WE HAVE BEEN HERE FOR FIVE HOURS?!?!!!?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? HOW SICK AM I!?

i thought this was something small, i didn't think we were here for 5 hours. what have they've been doing to me. i think david and kat sensed my anxiety from a mile away.

the machine that was wired to me started to beep rapidly, making me panic even more. david gets up from his seat and rushes over me, he tries to help me lay down.

"kat get the nurse." he says in a serious tone. kat looks at him worried and then looks at me with the same look. she left quickly.

"diana it's okay, don't panic. you'll stress yourself out!!" he said. i looked at his face, and it was the face of boy that i loved so long ago. i believe the words that came out of his mouth back then, and i regretted it.

but this time i really did believe him, he stayed with me when he could've just walked out of the hospital doors. his eyes were filled with worry. i felt sorry for putting him though this.

i started to breathe, in a box formation it usually helps with anxiety.

inhale.

hold.

exhale.

hold.

and i kept breathing like that, my heart started to go to a steady pace, i was okay. i saw the relief in david's face, it made me relax more.

"I'm good now, you should probably go home, get some rest. your parents must be worried about you." i said. he looked at me like i was crazy. but i was being serious, besides i have kat, and supposedly my parents are coming.

i was not looking forward for their arrival, they'll probably go all helicopter parent on me. or yell at me, i honestly expect both.

"diana I'm not leaving you like this, you've  just stressed yourself out, the nurse was probably going to put you to sleep!!" david said.

"I'll be fine, kats here-" he scoffed at my mention of kat. "please don't blame kat, she's not the one to blame here. you should be blaming me, i did this to myself even if it wasn't my intention." i said.

i can tell david didn't want to leave but i told him to come back later. he hugged me and had his arms around my neck, resting his arms lightly on my shoulders.

he gently stroked my hair and placed his chin on my head, i was buried in his neck. i hugged his upper body and never felt safe like this in a while.

"I'll be back." david said, still hugging me.

-
-

AUTHORS NOTES
hope you enjoyed this part!! don't know who im rooting for now...who are you rooting for?
make sure you follow me and ex boyfriend for updates!!!

xoxo