1-Welcome Home ✅

I wake up yet again to Mrs. Avery yelling. Mrs. Avery is the owner of the Group home I live in, and the only parental figure I ever really remember having. I was put in here when I was about 4 years old so I really don't remember much about my real parents. I've been to a few foster homes growing up, some good and some bad. I've even been adopted a few times, no one ever seemed to want to keep me though.

"All girls ages 13-17, please come to the front hall" Mrs. Avery's voice rang through the intercom in the girls portion of the group home. I knew what that meant, I've been through this drill for what seems like the thousandth time. One of us would be getting adopted.

"That includes you Ray" she said directing that towards me because I have a tendency to skip the whole interview thing because no one ever wants to adopt me anyways.

"Why are you even bothering to go there? You know no one is going to adopt you." Brittany said.

Brittany is the "popular" girl, she's pretty, smart, well liked( for the most part), but she's also a total bitch. You don't want to get on her bad side.... And that's where I've always been.

I quickly got up and got dressed in a Pierce The Veil shirt, a pair of worn out skinny jeans, and my old beat up Converse. Before I left my room I quickly slid on about 12 bracelets(6 on each arm), then grabbed my iPod touch and headphones (she saved up for it) clicking shuffle, the first song to play was Free Now by Sleeping With Sirens.

I made my way down the wooden staircase and to the front hall where all of the kids in that age range were lining up from youngest to oldest according to our birth dates. I was towards the end of the line since I'm 16, meaning I am one of the older children, the man that was looking to adopt was already about halfway through the group of us girls. I came and took my place in line right next to Brittany she is a month or so older than I am.

"I told you that you shouldn't have even bothered coming down here. You know that he's not going to pick you right? You're not pretty enough or well even good enough in general. Why do you think you where put here in the first place. Go kill yourself or something" she said sneering at me.

"May I be excused Mrs. Avery? I u-um I have to use the bathroom" I said impatiently, wanting to get out of there as quickly as possible. As I said that Brittany had a smirk and a look of satisfaction on her face.

"Yes, make it quick please. We don't need you to keep Mr. Fuentes here waiting." She said shooing me off. I quickly ran up to the bathroom and searched for my "friend". It was the only one that could help me. But I couldn't find it. Did I misplace it? I searched through all the cabinets and drawers looking for it. I soon heard a knock on the door. I opened to reveal Brittany and she was holding my razor blade.

"Looking for this?" She sneered

"Next time why don't you cut a little deeper. No one want you here anyways" She said tossing the blade at me while laughing and walked away.

I reached for it and picked up the worn almost dull blood covered blade and sat there clutching it in my hands crying. I heard a faint knock on the open door frame of the bathroom. I looked up to see Vic standing there looking at me.

"Hey, you okay?" He said with worry laced in his voice.

"Yeah I'm fine" I said pushing my hands in my pants pocket as I got up and pushed past him and walked to my room.

"Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself uhh-" he said not knowing my name.

"Ray" I said annoyed. All I wanted right now was to be alone.

"Well Ray, what do you like to do?" Vic asked as I sat down on the chair in front of my desk.

"I like to write and um sing, but I'm not that good at either of them really. And most of my time I'm listening to music" I said not daring to look at Vic.... I haven't looked at him since I walked out the bathroom.