10-Hold On Till May✅

"Ray, are you okay?" I woke up to the sound of someone saying my name and shaking my arm. I was still in my bunk, but my headphones were wrapped around my wrist with songs still playing. "Um..yeah?" I turned around and it was Mike, and he was sweaty.

"Uncle Mike, why are you sweaty? I asked as I turned around more. He smiled and cracked his knuckles, making me cringe. "We just played a show, it was awesome. I mean the crowd was crazy and full of energy. But you slept through it." He then frowned. I scratched the back of my head and sighed, "sorry." Mike moved so I could get off my bunk, once my feet hit the ground I looked out a window and everything was black, I slept through the day.

"Where's Dad?" I asked and looked at the bunks in front of me to see if anyone was there.
"With Kellin." My body went cold and goosebumps appeared on my arms.

Kellin's with dad? Oh no.. Is he going to spill my secret? Is he mad about what happened and what I said to him that he'd actually go that far? No..that's crazy! Kellin would never do that to me. At least I would hope not..what have I done?

"Ray?" Mike asked and I snapped out of my thoughts to realize that i was gripping the end of the bunk so hard my knuckles turned white.

"Mhm?"

"Okay, something's not right. You've slept all day, missed our show that you always watched from backstage, and you looked uncomfortable when I told you Vic was with Kellin. What's wrong?"

"Nothing!" I said too loud and moved my hand into the back of my jean pocket. Mike looked at me and I knew he didn't believe me, I wouldn't have believed me either.

"I need to talk to dad! Please!" I begged Mike, hoping I could stop kellin from telling dad, but he's not budging.

"Nope! Your stuck with your favorite uncle tonight kiddo. Kellin's orders" he said with a smirk.

"Fine." I said giving up and rolled my eyes at his comment.

"Don't roll your eyes at me young lady!" He tried saying sternly but then ended up busting out into laughter, which I soon joined in on.

"So what would you like to do? Watch a movie? Go to the mall? Go out to dinner?" He asked naming a few options.

"Mall? Hot Topic has some new merch I want." I said, and hopped back up into my bunk to grab my headphones and phone.

"Yep. Sounds good sunshine, go get your shoes on and we can go." He said patting my back and pushing me to the front where my shoe's where.

~~~~~~~~~

"OH MY GOD, Mike look at the little turtles!" I screamed as I saw the pet store and the turtles in the window of one of the little stores of the mall.

"AND KITTENS CAN WE GET ONE PLEASE?" I whined looking up at him.

"Gotta ask your dad sunshine. Give him a call"

"Okay" I squealed and pulled my phone out.

1 ring....2 rings......3.... Then it stopped.

Vic: "hello?"

Ray: "hey daddy, me and mike are at the mall and we passed this little pet shop. Do you think we could maybe get a little kitten? PLEASE DADDY!!" I started begging towards the end.

Vic: "sure, but you have to train it and keep it's litter box cleaned!" He said acting like a father and wanting me to take responsibility of the kitten.

Ray: "thanks daddy. I love you bye" I hung up excitedly.

"He said yes!" I squealed to Mike!

"Alright which one do you want?" He asked looking at all the little kittens in their pins.

"I want her" I said pointing to the little black haired blue eyes little kitten in the corner. A huge grin never leaving my face.

"May I help you with anything" one of the workers politely asked. She looked to be about in her mid-forties.

"Yes ma'am. I would like to get the little black kitten in the corner" I said pointing to the cat I wanted again.

"Sure, not a problem. How about you two go get everything you need for the kitten and I will get the kitten and it's papers ready for you" she said with a warm smile.

"Okay." I said to the lady. Then grabbed Mikes arm. "Come on Mike lets get the cat a litter box, litter, some food and a few toys." I said dragging him to where all the cat items where.

Once done getting what we needed I dragged Mike to the front counter where the lady was with the kitten and it's papers.

"What are you naming her sweetheart" the woman asked.

"Iris" I responded kindly.

"That's such a beautiful name" she smiled.

"Alright y'all are all set" she said once Mike finished paying.

"Thank you" I said smiling a genuine smile.

"Anywhere else you need to stop?" He asked.

"Yep just Hot Topic the. We should be set to get back to the bus." I said smiling.

~~~~~~

"Dad? We are back?" I yelled onto the bus.

"Shut up Ray!" I heard Jaime yell back!

"No! Is dad back?" I yelled back at Jaime.

"I'm not sure. I was peacefully sleeping till someone decides to come on the bus yelling at 12am."

"Sorry Jaime" I said ashamed for yelling and getting excited. I wanted to show dad the kitten but I guess that can wait till tomorrow.

"I'm going to fix the cats litter box in the back lounge then going to bed, night Mike" I said giving him a hug.

"Goodnight sunshine" he said kissing the top of my head.

"Mike?" I questioned

"What?"

"Why do you call me sunshine?" I asked curiusly.

"Because your name is Ray and you reminded me of the sun when you smile because it's so bright and beautiful." He said kissing the top of my head once again. Then heading off to shower then to bed.

I soon followed his actions, skipping the shower, then fixed the kittens litter box, then took the kitten and put her in the back lounge along with her little bed and some toys. Closing the door behind me then getting into my bunk and falling into a peaceful sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter is finally done. Let me know what you think :) hope this one is longer btw. Xx