29 - I Dare You✅

It's been 3 1/2 months now. Dad, Kellin and the rest of the bands are all done touring for now. Remember when Jake said I would regret getting him I trouble? Yeah I regret it, he's made my life a living nightmare. I dread school more then ever now I've tried to convince my dad to let me home schooled but he wants me to finish up the year. And today just happens to be the last day of school.

I grabbed my bag off the floor from by the front door and walked out to the car where dad awaited, me being slow as normal making us run late.

"Hey. Let's go I'm ready to get this day over with as soon as possible" I told him never more eager to make it to school.

"Alright I'm going" dad said with a chuckle as he drive out of the driveway.

~~~~

"Have a good day. See you at 2:30" dad said kissing the too of my head as I hugged him.

"Bye dad" I said slamming the car door and walked into the school meeting up with Brinley.

"Hey Brin. Excited that it's our last day of school before summer vacation starts?" I said linking arms with her as we walked down the halls.

"Yep. Still coming to yours tomorrow?" She asked with hopefull eyes.

"Yes of course. We have to start summer off wit-" I was cut off by someone shouting my name and then being shoved into the locker.

I looked up to see Jake and his girlfriend Rachel staring down at me with smirks playing across their faces.

"What do you want" I sneered.

"For you to be dead bitch. Duh" Rachel said as if it was an obvious statement.

"But since we can't seem to get that we will just do this instead" Jake said then his fist made contact with my cheek.

"What the fuck you bastard!" I screamed at them and tried to push them away.

"bastard? Who are you calling a bastard you whore." He said his voice dripping with venom.

"You." I said cockily.

"That's not helping you right now." He said as he threw another punch and Rachel slapped my cheek and kicked me.

After about another 4 minutes of that they finally gave up and left. A few tears started to make there way down my cheeks as I looked up to see if anyone was here. Only person I saw still standing here was Brinley.

"Hey, let's take you to the nurse and get you cleaned up" Brin said helping me up from the ground and walked me to the nurses office.

"Thanks, go onto class Brin I will be okay. See you at lunch okay" I said giving here a weak smile.

"You sure? And yes okay." She said concerned.

"Yeah go ahead"

After the nurse bandaged my cuts she had me ice my face. While I sat in her office till lunch I took the time to write. I never did this often but it was something I loved to do.

I looked down as the words seemed to flow out onto the paper. The bell rang and I closed the book and put it in my bag and made my way to the caffiteria.

I found Brinley sitting at a table near one of the big windows so I wakes over and sat opposite of her.

"How you feeling?" She asked.

"Like crap. I'm ready for the final bell to ring so I can go home" I told her truthfully.

"If your in that much pain call your dad. And I will see you tomorrow. Alright" she said giving a warm smile and places one of her hands on top of one of mine.

"Yeah okay" I said and called my dad telling him to come pick me up.

~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my gosh Ray what happened?" Dad asked in disbelief.

"Just some kids dad. I will be fine let's just go" I told him wanting no further discussion of this.

As soon as we got home I walked into my bedroom and shut the door pulling my book from my bag and went back to writing.

"So put me in a cage
Lock me in a room
Throw away the key
I dare you

I'll break down the walls
A high heel wrecking ball
And I won't let you tear me down, no" I sang what lyrics lied before me on the paper I had bee writing on. I tapped the pen on the paper as I tried to figure out what went next.

"Oooooh oh

Throw away the key
I dare you" I said singing what came to mind then wrote it down.

"There was a light knock on my door and I turned to see dad standing there.

"Hey" I said closing my book and setting it next to me.

"Hey" he said sitting across from me. "Haven't seen you writing in a while." He added.

"Yeah I know"

"It's beautiful. What's it about?" Dad asked.

"It's about me just being tired of being pushed around and how I'm not going to let people "tear me down" anymore. And basically saying "I dare you" to try and bring me don't but it's not going to happen because I know I'm worth fighting for myself" I told him explaining what I was trying to say with the song and what it meant to me

"I love it baby" he said then kissed my head and left my room.

Once he left I got up and grabbed all my blades I hidden around my room and threw them out. It's summer, gotta start this one on a better note.

I told dad about what I did and he and Danielle are really proud of me along with Kellin. It felt nice to make them smile and be proud of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the chapter kellinblurry hope you enjoy ur Christmas present! 😜 I 💜 u!!!

Okay on another note! The song is I Dare You - Bea Miller. The audio is attached to the side. Give it a listen. Also tho the song is Beas but for the sake of the story it's rays!