Chapter 9. He's moved... We move...

Start from the beginning

"Kisha, you received the email?"

Leaning on his hands, Kisha inhaled a light sigh before he closed his view. Dropping his weight on the hard cot, his hair was not tied properly. A puddle of white soft strands rested in one direction, flowing to the edge of the bed and spilling over. He always laid on it, tugged it, but never complained about the pain. He hated when others got in its way. Kisha always believed his hair deserved more respect than humans. It was best to look out for it if anyone was ever close.

"Of course." He whispered back just loud enough to be heard. He didn't want to be bothered by Saikai because it was late and the events of the day left him drained. A lean over the edge of the bed and Kisha retrieved a small container. He prodded at the lid a bit before popping the top with a nail, but the force had been too strong and it cracked beneath his strength.

With another annoyed sigh, and a flick of the moisture stained lid to the bottom of the bed, Kisha pulled the item from the container. Clenched in between his nails, he examined the brown ball a bit before his mouth opened, sliding the item inside.

Today at lunch, there was chicken smothered in white gravy. He's never tasted anything like it, but it was good. Afterward, Saikai requested him a small container. Never minding if it was hot or not, Kisha pulled another piece and then another. His mouth filled up rather quickly before he chewed a few and then swallowed everything whole. He wasn't satisfied. Going for another round, Kisha's fingers covered in white gravy, he chewed with what little happiness he expressed.

"This field trip is annoying. The posters were pasted over the school's walls. They haven't leaked the attendance list just yet though. Every year... a different spot. I'm tired of these field trips. How many more places are we going to help?" Saikai sounded vexed.

"Then don't go..." Kisha's tone was too emotionless, uncaring. His gaze darted in Saikai's direction. He was brought from his little heaven by the annoying sound coming from his best friend's lungs. His chewing took over as a large amount of gravy threatened to drip from his bottom lip. He was swift as the tip of his tongue lapped up most of it before Saikai could notice. A little escaped, falling and dripping onto his breast, but Kisha was too immersed in eating to notice.

Saikai sucked his teeth, his eyes closed, braced head on one shoulder. The volume of gang members registering was enough to force him into this. Kisha couldn't keep track of everybody, and that wasn't his job. If news got back that something happened during the trip, rumors questioning Saikai's authority were going to surface.

"I can't stay. If I allow you to go with our members... everyone's coming back with black eyes and lost teeth for small shit. You're not a very patient person." Saikai cut him a glance, scolding him with his eyes as if saying it's your fault. Watching as Kisha looked around the small container for the chicken he just inhaled. Another food item noted. Saikai smiled a bit, Kisha innocently digging around in the gravy like something magical was going to happen. Maybe he missed a piece. He placed the container on his lap, looking down at it in defeat. An animal that stared at an empty food bowl, Saikai shook his head in amusement. He's going to have to buy some more, create a bribe with this new discovery.

"Can you believe Asho sent a rookie on a scoping mission?"

"Asho isn't smart." Kisha answered.

"No... I think for once its not Asho that's calling the shots Kisha. We forget because of his childish personality, but Vergyl is what Asho lacks." The question was, why? Crescent is new. He doesn't even know the way gangs work. Why were they so eager to throw a goon in the line of fire?

The questions piling on his shoulders made him want to release a heavy grunt. He gritted his teeth and rolled his eyes, tired of all these matters. He needed to take his attention off of these things and focus on his own pick-me-ups.