Chapter 20. Diamond in the Flesh

If a body could talk, it'll project everything without a word. Despair, tragedy, and darkness loomed over someone as they stood to embrace it. Reeked of unsightly dark clouds, the very essence of life seems faint. Movements fluent in that not of kindness but dancing with the devil. If the body could talk it would scream at its approaching doom, heightened by sensitivity towards the aura that followed.

Eyes reflecting hollowness as the lack of soul beats under frightening hunger. The skin looks cold, vague, and dead... The disregard for life. The demeanor of being above everyone here. Arrogance matches the undefeated and yet beam of high status. A true dominant killer. The very outline of it, silhouette. Standing before as one quiver with fear. Shivers erupt up their spine.

Broad shoulders, tall, muscular. He stood before them, his skin as pale as a lifeless carcass, his hair shoulder length, and white as a cloud. He wore his class uniform with tidiness beyond normalcy. His arm dangled beside him, but one gloved hand remained tucked in his pants pocket.

His hair was drawn into a low ponytail, and some strands escaped, falling neatly on his shoulder. Amazingly, his eyebrows were black, a sign that maybe they were dyed that way.

Crescent could easily say he was albino but that didn't explain every characteristic. What stood out most was the different shades of purple in his eyes. Right being Amethyst and left Lilac, beautiful but a soulless reflection forced others not to stare.

This person was filled with pure evil. Crescent could feel it. This... was the one he was warned about. This was Diamond. The God of the Academy. He was a walking statue, with features of beauty shrouded by his burning presence. Stunning, but not enough to shade over Kisha...

Diamond tucked his bare hand into his other pocket. Sucking in air through clenched teeth.

"Such cowardice. Do you have balls? Your mutt has some and he's neutered."

His voice was heavy but strong and loud. Unlike Kisha's which was softer, a comforting vibration of deepness, Diamond's bestowed panic.

"You've come about the vandalism. You have the wrong person." Saikai shook his head, hoping to get Diamond to leave.

Diamond only snickered, again drawing in a sharp breath. He clicked his tongue tauntingly, rolling those gorgeous eyes. A small sniffle sent glinting eyes to study Saikai's demeanor.

"Shut--" He spat towards Saikai who jumped at his words. Intentionally cutting his sentence short, he loved the reaction. Diamond ground his teeth to seem more fierce, an inhumane grin pasted at his lips. He could hear it, the sounds of racing heartbeats that drew him to intoxicating heights.

"No. I'm serious. Let me explain Diamond." Saikai calmly tried to defuse the pale male.

"Eight hundred thousand." Diamond wasn't here to negotiate. Saikai was only the leading gang because Diamond allowed it. He often times remained hidden unless something called his attention. The destruction of his trucks and the money trade he lost-- a significant blow, but Saikai wasn't as rich as him so he was willing to run him dry. Someone was paying. The crumbling of the top gang leader before him was pathetic.

Excuses after excuses. He didn't come to shed mercy. None flowed within him and he wouldn't allow it to even cross his lips.

"You got the--" Saikai tried to speak, but suddenly, like garbage, Saikai's frame went hurling to the ground. A heavy hand whipped at his face sending his balance to shift and his weight landed on his butt. His arms sprawled out to catch some of the shocks, and he winced clenching his jaw. The pain shot through his body from the fall.

Scrapping fingers against concrete he balled up both his fists. Diamond was making a mockery of him in front of everyone. What could he do? He didn't want this to escalate. Saikai felt helpless, being toyed with while attempting to beg. His reputation was on the line, but his desire to protect Kisha was greater.