Chapter 37. You

The last thing he could remember was the image of rocks and water, as he was pushed over the cliff. Everything went dark afterward once his body slammed into a bed of water and sharp rocks.

The cool splashing against his face, tapping his fur brought him from his unconscious state, eyes narrowed to look up at the baking sun. How long has it been? What was he doing? He turned away from it without welcome, grunting as the heat reached through his dense fur. He was still alive, but the pain surging through him reminded him a moment's rest would have to wait.  

Pushing himself to sit, Kisha drew his weight forward, pulling a paw beneath his frame, digging nails into the rocks and water for balance. A sharp cracking pain in his side halted him suddenly and he felt the urge to lay back down, but he refused to give up. Stubbornness was always something that ran rampant in the wolf world. Slowly his gaze drifted with narrowed eyes down to see a small bulge coming from the location of his rib cage, prominent with every small inhale that equally skyrocketed his pain.

Get up, the only words crossing his mind.

He still had to get up. A wolf as himself meant even through the harsh storms, if his heart was still beating then he'd drag a dangling limb to salvation. Once an Alpha gives up or the pack sees him being weak, he's no longer deserving of such title.

Lying here would do him no good and the more time he wasted meant Diamond had free time to do whatever he pleased. Diamond... Kisha didn't have the chance to immobilize him. For who Diamond was, the near loss would cause him to go into a frenzy, get his revenge on everyone around him to protect his pride. Everyone that mattered was still within Diamond's reach.

Scratching his paws at the rocks to shift his weight further, he pressed himself to stand slowly, his legs rattling a bit due to the pain radiating into his stomach. All of the weight in his body seemed to have rubbed against his side, and Kisha's back leg gave out before he forced the limb to stiffen.

Get up.

The grinding object pierced deeper into his lung sent him to hack, blood splattering from opened mouth. Dribbling through white canines until it became a blended chemical flowing with the water. He only lapped his tongue to grant solace.

No avail.

He keeps himself from showing too much pain, but his slow pace is enough to deem him unfit to continue. Thoughts racing with impatience and need, Kisha wanted nothing more than to get back to the action. Fixed posture and a noticeable limp are hidden with restraint once he begins to scan exactly where he had landed.

Kisha finds it harder to inhale, his breathing shallow so that he can remain conscious, tongue slightly slipped from teeth to take in more oxygen as globs of blood run down to slowly trace lines mixed in drool upon his jowls.

Rest, he needed it most, and whenever he suffered injuries sleep was his biggest friend.

He lightly shakes his body of water, making sure not to hurt himself further and relinquish the weight that's making it harder to stay standing. It was time to get out of here.

His eyes are brought to observe around, ears darted taking in the life around him. Any ledge would do, he'd just have to muster the strength and climb. He had fallen a good distance from where they were originally. Satisfied that he didn't go plummeting down into some unknown location. If he had fallen a greater distance then Kisha was certain he wouldn't have woken back up so quickly.

As he's looking for an outlet, he spots up against a freshly wave crashed rock, a figure dressed in all black. He's breathing heavily, soaked from head to toe but alive. Shaken by the fall, he's unsure of what to do next, Kisha watches the male intensely. The reason they were both in this silly predicament was because of him!