Chapter 4. Payback, Slut

Soon after the event in the lunchroom, the bell to move on had rung. The halls filled with students; over-packed and rushing.

Doors swung open at various times as occupants traded items into their lockers. It was almost time to wind down because classes were going to end soon. Just two left. A long and drawn-out sigh made its way through the noisy halls. Saikai walked with not much enthusiasm to his next class.

Saikai placed his hand on his belly. He rubbed in circles, ruffling the tucked shirt and pulling it loose. Not minding his appearance. Relaxing in the dorm room was more ideal than going to science. Saikai released a yawn for the food at lunchtime, hit the spot and he was now catching a bit of sleepiness. Beside him, walking ever so closely, Kisha.

Many of the young men seemed to have noticed their presence, often dodging them so the two could have a clear path. Those in and out of gangs seemed to have respected them. Saikai scanned the halls for any familiar faces to find that his gaze attracted some awkward hello's.

Looks like the others were going to be intimidated. His expression remained softened as it rarely became angered, and his attitude toward people was pretty chill. He had to guess the reason so many avoided him; the presence Kisha gave off. If only he could smile once in a while.

For protection, Kisha never left Saikai's side; there are goons in Asho's gang who would often make violent advances towards them. Some ended up deadly. Saikai could handle his own when fighting goons, but he couldn't risk losing or becoming injured.

Not seeing anything interesting, he returned his hands to a crossed position at his chest and his eyes ventured towards Kisha. The taller male looked to be in thought, just focusing on keeping pace with Saikai. The deadpan expression didn't hide Kisha's bouncing eyes and small eyebrow flicks. They were sudden, often requiring a studying eye to catch but Saikai knew Kisha's mind was on whatever happened earlier. It was serious because it wasn't like Kisha at all and anything he felt Saikai was sure Kisha wasn't going to share it. It'll be left with Saikai trying to decipher the events. The encounter with Crescent went unexpected and now Kisha was disrupted. Looking around the side of his head for a little bit, he decided to joke with Kisha instead.

"You and that juvie sure have some weird energy. I can't believe that ass-hat dared to stand up to you. He was shaking but golly gee, he almost drenched you in apple juice and if I wasn't reading too much into it I'd say he was going to punch you. Yet you... did nothing."

Listening to Saikai's joking tone and clear low blows to his pride, Kisha would keep his gaze forward. He ignored Saikai's pettiness. Blinking, placing hands into his pants pockets where his fingers decided to pick at the small lint buried in the corners. It made him uncomfortable having another read his actions out loud. Being noticeable had never been a thing Kisha wanted others to be able to see. He didn't like when people learned about him. 

"I couldn't hurt him," Kisha uttered so that he wouldn't sound weak. He had to admit that was how he felt. He froze up. That was all he could say-- a stupid thing to say, but it was the truth.

"So you're telling me you didn't even try to defend yourself because something inside said no, bad boy Kisha. You're not usually like that. You're quick on your feet and don't mind boosting your ego in front of an audience." Saikai's joking continued, shoulders rising in innocence.

Kisha abruptly looked toward Saikai and glared right into his eyes without a blink. Though he was able to successfully dance around students and keep his stride, Kisha's attention told otherwise. A look of seriousness reflects in his eyes. He wasn't in the mood. Saikai would burst into a short laugh, his head bobbling forward at the sudden reaction. That caught him off guard. He hit the nail on the head. Kisha's stares were a bit too much; he admitted and he was forced to look away like everyone else did. Sometimes he was certain he had seen the devil's eyes when Kisha was serious.