Chapter 14. Mission, Trucks, Failure

The night was restless for Crescent. The young man had a hard time getting up for classes, Ahni repeated shaking could wake a bull.

He skipped morning lessons and planned to skip them all. Remaining curled beneath thick blankets built in a fort became a comfort. Crescent couldn't stop thinking about it. The horror that transpired the night before. He felt dirty, confused and lost. He didn't want his first sexual encounter to be one that he'd regret. Saikai clammy hands all over him with a prideful smirk. He'd never stoop so low.

What could've, should've, would've happened? It all played out inside of his mind.

He decided it would be best to avoid both of them for the time being. The awkwardness would be too much and he'd eventually get angry enough to where he'd punch Saikai. What would he even be able to say? In this world, a guy coming forth to report a sexual crime was nothing but a joke. Pulling the blanket closer, arm locked around the rough texture, the young man drew a clump over his head as his phone began beeping.

A message he wanted to ignore, but the sequence in beeps allowed him to know exactly who had been contacting him. The informant.

Irritated, arm whipped from the haven of fabric, slamming down onto the cell phone just across the bed. Crescent wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone.

With Ahni gone to classes, he could seclude himself from the world. Ahni repeadelty asked what had been wrong, but Crescent knew he couldn't tell him. He'd keep this secret to himself. Those that were in the room would be the only ones to know. The silence in the room aided in his wants. He felt secure, locked behind a door of contentment. Kisha, Saikai was a part of some of his classes today.

He couldn't bear the thought of sitting with them as the teacher spoke. No one admitting what took place due to being in the presence of authority. How would he be able to hold back?

Suctioning the device into the small hole used for breathing, Crescent pulled the phone closer to his features due to the lacking of his glasses. He squinted, traced the unlock pattern and the phone clicked to show his background image.

A dragon, flying up into the clouds. The photo colored in gold, grey and black, lightly edited to perceive a more blurred effect. Clouds filled the rainy grey sky with thunder as the dragon ascended.

Crescent could relate, he too wanted to ascend. He couldn't forget his original focus. These hiccups were not going to stop him. When he climbs to the top, he'll have Saikai licking the bottom of his shoe. For now, gritted teeth he'd bare with the regret. Crescent needed to keep focus and use Asho to gain a reputation. Knowledge, power, being invincible by the eyes of hundreds.

The stirring of his being shouldn't be enough to throw him from his goal. He's been through worse. Almost losing his life on the streets. Leaving Ahni behind became a thought he fought against when he had caught pnuemonia and spent a week in the hospital. A poor child visited my social services once he got better. He ran away and they were unable to find him. Foreign land of promises and broken homes. He'd rather suffer on his own accord than someone else's.

Scanning golden hues over the text, his other hand gripped the blanket and flung it to one side. Like a trap suddenly catching a mouse, he sprung into a seat position. The effects of being buried, messier strands of unkempt hair stuck out in multiple directions. Crescent kicked his legs from the bed, shoving feet into his slipper before he jumped to his feet.

"Rally up within 40mins, you are chosen for this job." Reading a sentence out loud, he spun on his heels in search of his glasses. Neatly placed on a blurred dresser, he grabbed them before searching for his other appropriate attire. Before long, the only sound in the room was a light click of the door closing behind him.

Rising Moon (MxM) Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें