Chapter 22. Big Bad Wolf (P1)

No one wanted the end of the day. As Mr. Riley told the students to return to their rooms for a final night here. They huffed, puffed, showing their dissatisfaction. Many wanted to stay longer. Crescent was one of them. Ahni didn't mind returning.

The small vacation here at Hilla Cure, exempt from school work reminded him of his life before. Free of rules and regulations. The small hit of a drug called freedom wasn't enough. He wished he could skip out on going back. Return to the wild and hunt along with the animals.

Wild imagination, a small smile on his lips. Raising one hand, adjusting his glasses the brunette walked quietly down a path. Warned about wandering yet he couldn't contain his curiosity.

At night, these woods were dark, the only light being gasoline lanterns dangling from nearby branches and the whitish glow of the moon through thick trees.

The air dipping in temperature, brought his thin arms close to his chest for comfort. No denying the satisfaction this place gave off. He had to enjoy it just one more time. Here at Hilla Cure, they adored the public bath together, hot tub filled with bubbles, and what Ahni called fancy food.

Their beds were large enough to fit both of them in one; bathroom fit for a king. The carvings on the walls mimicked old Indigenous tales they tried to debunk to no avail.

Ahni often laughed, picturing himself dressed in such attire having Crescent spit back that he wasn't muscular enough. The two had a great time despite the bbq drama and Diamond threatening his life.

He was able to tell Saikai what went on as Phantom wished. They agreed on working together for the time being. In the end, Crescent carried the power to stop Asho. Saikai gave his strength to deal with Diamond and he knew Kisha wasn't mad at him.

Everything was going to be ok, he just had to believe in it. He had to do his part.

Crescent's small scuffs led him up a hill, where the path turned into a vehicle-made dirt road. Seems the island's staff took this road often. The tire tracks were fresh. He decided on following it.

Swaying trees danced in the cool wind, a shiver of desired warmth rippled his frame and he laughed to himself. Was he still afraid? Of course, but what could he do except fight back? Crescent didn't plan to go down without showing everyone who he had been. Maybe through all this struggle and recognition, it would be easier to get to the top. The top where Diamond had been sitting for far too long.

Dreams of becoming God Of The Academy still lingered within his mind, but he first needed to make it through the threats being hurled his way. A plan that would secure him as a candidate. Where would he start? Climbing through a rank of members would take years unless he thwarts the higher-ups.

His mind soon wandered, thoughts of Kisha pushing his worries away. He wondered what he was doing. Maybe pacing back and forth like an angry child? Is Saikai being scolded? Yeah right, Kisha hardly spoke. The images made him laugh even harder, his eyes closing. A male that was hard to pinpoint, maybe he was doing the unthinkable.

Crescent soon led himself further into the woods, not minding beside him a large dangling sign reading warning do not proceed beyond this point. He was too much into his amusement.

The woods were deathly quiet, with no sound of animal life. The constant rustling of bushes and trees masked the singing bugs. His gaze scanned for somewhere to go, maybe a small area he could sit. There was none thus far. Nothing but more fixed dirt. He decided to continue his path, a few yellow poles blocked off a path to his left.

It had to lead somewhere as the chain dangled with clips on both sides. The night was young. Mr. Riley made sure everyone tucked in before he turned in. By now, all authority was asleep as well as the majority of students. An early start for the bus's arrival and departure. After the inn went silent, Crescent snuck out. The lady at the front desk decided to take a nap.