Chapter 31. Three Steps Back

Now seated in second period, looking out a window while the teacher's voice faded in his background, Crescent drifted in thought.

His palm beneath his chin, the weight of his head rested easy. Golden hues met the light blowing of orange leaves, bunched all beneath the large tree just outside, darting to count every single one that fell out of boredom.

The seasons were fighting each other-- autumn and summer prompting the chill of winter.

A battle of elements no one minded to focus on as it was just as normal as blinking. Days like these left Crescent's mind to wander. Cuddling up with his comforter, watching videos on his phone. 

What happened last night was a series of unfortunate events and by now had they been able to soak it in. After Asho's betrayal, nearly drowning, Ralp vanishing, he sought the comfort of Kisha but that turned otherwise only to end up arguing with Ahni. 

What shit luck was this?

The soft exterior of Kisha was more than he could have imagined. Such tenderness from a male considered a loaded gun. Kisha was sweet in his touch, pushy but sweet. The caressing and licking made it impossible to tell he was a dull, emotionless being.

The kissing was even better. He could still remember just so long as he closed his eyes. The taste of Kisha's saliva was embedded in his brain. The way his warm tongue slithered around Crescent's mouth. Crescent didn't know how to kiss and Kisha taking the lead paved the way to a better experience.

He inhaled-- but he wouldn't allow Kisha to get away with what he did.

"Crescent White. You have a visitor."

The teacher called from the door. Crescent jumped being pulled from his reminiscing, quickly glancing in his direction. The teacher stood at the door, wide open but no one stood in front.

Was it Ahni? After ignoring Ahni all night, Crescent felt Ahni deserved every emotional struggle he was suffering right now. 

Crescent slipped from his seat, scooped up his books, and walked towards the door. The weight shift on the seat caused a soft squeak in the dead silence.

All eyes are on him. Students were prohibited from leaving unless there was a good explanation. Crescent bowed, the teacher closing the door behind him.

"Forgive me..." That warm voice told him who it was once he stepped past the threshold. He looked slowly to see Kisha leaning against a nearby locker. The back of his head lazily pressed against the wall as both of his hands were pushed into his pockets. He seemed uncomfortable or he was suffering from a long night. Kisha wasn't looking at him, but the area before them, scanning a nearby wall with upcoming events posted. 

Crescent took the time to look over Kisha's frame.

This time, he wore his school uniform, full attire, including his blazer, buttoned up. It was a bit tight at the arms and shoulders, Crescent realizing why Kisha chose to ditch it most of the time.

Weird seeing him dressed up and covering his muscles for once, but it gave him a polished look. Handsome.

Kisha's hair was drawn in a tight bun, and one long loose braid hung from the side of his head that dangled to his stomach. Without hair blocking his face, his earrings were prominent along with a small gash located above his right eye.

Crescent noticed it before, but Kisha's hair always held more interest. Funny seeing it tucked away.

Never missed an opportunity to look his best even when going through something.