Extra 1. Life Got Away

Hayhey! This was an extra that had been requested by

rainlicioux

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A long day occurred, leaving the traces of the sun to finally settle. Dark blues and blacks along with stars came to say hello and the night sky had been the most beautiful cloudless. The full moon was yet to make her appearance, having hidden herself on the other side of the building where there were no windows.

There was no one else he could talk to, but listening to the aching silence of a world he couldn't live in. The apartment was dark, no lights cut on to signal anyone lived here but the cackling from the fireplace. The home mimicked his internal struggle, blocking out the pictures on the walls. Memories of once smiling beings stuck in time against the white of paint.

It was turning winter.

Standing before a large window, he gazed out at the city's late-night bustle, his attention unfocused. He brought the mug of hot chocolate to his lips for a gentle sip, then clasped it firmly with both hands. The days felt increasingly lonely.

He had been on his own for about three months now. Darting his eyes around, searching for any sign of life or movement from cars, Crescent waits patiently, anticipating the arrival of someone to whom he has grown deeply attached.

Sleeves of his sweater slide down his wrists after being bought by his lover, but too big for his frame. Clumsy, foolish, innocent lover. He often pulled them back up, but this time he cared for something else. The clock was dangerously taunting him and the time had finally passed without a moment to spare.

Swiftly turning on his heels, he traversed the thick, soft white rug, burrowing his toes for comfort until the pitter-patter of his feet reached the cold tiles near the front door.

His heart was racing, his mind in overdrive, yet his emotions were held in check as he stood gripping the warm mug. Soon, he would be in his company; soon, they would reunite after weeks spent apart.

A soft smile infects his lips. It was years upon years together and promises of even dying at old age which has him here now. Like a wife awaiting her long lost husband or maybe a puppy wagging because daddy is returning home. Whatever it took, he stole the title.

Keys jingling on the other side, the lock unlatched, his heart went thump. Then another and the knob turned. As the door slowly opened to a dimly lit entrance, light from the hall shining in, a shadowy figure pushed into the small apartment.

"Kisha..." The desperate, lonely low voice of Crescent standing barefoot on tile hit the air in a soft, welcoming tone.

"Welcome home."

The naturally black-haired Kisha, slid between the door and frame, shutting it behind him. A briefcase in hand, he allowed it to flop just at his side against a nearby shoe rack. Pulling his feet from his shoes and leaving them by the door, he turned to face the man awaiting his arrival with a softened gaze. His mate.

"Good evening, Crescent. You've been waiting long?"

Considering the time that has passed, it's a silly thing to say. Yet, that soft yet gruff, commanding voice that frequently stumbled over syllables filled Crescent with a yearning to be in Kisha's embrace. He was weary of listening to it through the phone.

Kisha removed his suit jacket, gave it a shake, and placed it on the coat rack before turning his full attention to Crescent. Approaching Crescent, he gently cradled his back and legs, then lifted him up in his arms, holding him bridal style with affection.