Chapter 17. Magnetic Attraction

The sun had yet to move above the horizon, but it painted the sky in a coat of transitioning blue. Specs of purple, kisses of red, and oranges all danced in the wake of its coming. A palette party.

The flyer in Crescent's bag demanded students lacking morning's love be awake and ready to go before the morning had begun.

The strict time pumped out a very groggy Crescent, standing in his uniform as neatly as he could muster, beside a chirpy Ahni. This was exciting to him. Field trips meant time away from schoolwork. No matter the demands, Ahni didn't care.

Bouncing on his heels, he looked around at the large charter buses pulling up in front of the gates. Two groups of students, two buses, each bus filled. They weren't aware of who attended due to last-minute arrangements, but they knew the name of the place they were going to.

A resort built some time ago stood the test of time on an isolated small island. It now struggled to gain tourism, so Nirvana Academy lent a helping hand.

A gang of males, cleaning, and advertising to locals the beauty of Hilla Cure. The idea was enough to get Ahni's gears going. It was a shame standing beside him with droopy eyes, hanging glasses, and falling face, his brother trying to hold it together.

Blaming the vigorous p.e. class yesterday, Crescent couldn't sleep; at least, that's what he told Ahni. The truth was running into The Phantom and realizing how small he meant to Asho. Purpose sabotaging his mission for reasons Crescent couldn't understand.

All he knew was that other gangs were going to continue being drawn into this mess. The question remained, will he continue being Asho's pet?

The area was quiet, students lining up appropriately with their suitcases and other essentials to board the buses. One of the chaperones was none other than the science teacher. He approached the front of the first bus, raising his hand to get everyone's attention.

Mr. Riley, is a respected man. He was famous around Nirvana for his sternness and father-like attitude. So many of these lost students lacked strong fathers. To have Mr. Riley here, let's just say he has many sons now.

Average in height with a full black beard and short hair, Mr. Riley only ever wore the same brand of shirts. He didn't mind the color. A simple man with a simple wardrobe. He only stood out more. Calm, collected he spoke, obviously a morning person.

"Alright, gentlemen. With only four of us teachers attending, two per bus, we ask that you are on your best behavior. We represent Nirvana and will not tolerate any type of misconduct. I know many of you personally, so let's work together, do our jobs, and have fun while we do it."

An advertising ploy for Nirvana Academy. Smart Principal. A school of Satan's spawns does well to their surroundings. Community service meets delinquents. More proof of 'changing' into respectable adults.

Bullshit.

"We have two buses. You standing beside bus two, please follow the math teacher, Mrs. Chyane. You will also have Mr. Bints with you. He usually swaps with Mrs. Chyane for math. I and Mr. Garcia who teaches Spanish will be on charter bus one. I want you to place your bags neatly in the overheads as you board. There is enough space. Choose your seats wisely, you'll be stuck with them for the remainder of the ride. Alright, load up fellas."

Being in the front of the line, Ahni gripped the mass of what looked like his brother and led him into the bus. Knowing Crescent likes the window seat, Ahni fell comfortably behind him. Hands placed on Crescent's shoulders, he leaned over unable to contain his excitement.

"Man, I hear this is expensive. We made it. We're important now, huh Crescent?"

"I'm glad you're happy Ahni." Crescent groaned back. The back of the bus was too far away in his eyes, and Crescent thought it would be more comfortable sitting behind the bus driver. As The Phantom said, he would be safe for as long as he attended. The students never did anything beneath the eyes of teachers.