Chapter 39. Ashes... Ashes...

Diamond charges, Fuchsia returns with his own, Ehma synchronized by his side. The wolves seemed to be dancing, each one knowing their role and whom they were going to strike. The Betas try to hold onto intimidation, reminding Diamond they are not afraid of him. Paws slam into the earth, a hard thumping erupts as Diamond lashes towards Ehma. A successful hit sent the smaller wolf to bounce on his side.

Attempting to hastily pull himself free, but the momentum leaves Diamond at an advantage, Ehma is pinned beneath Diamond's weight. Unable to move, the squirming wolf releases a panicked whimper hoping Fuchsia could save him before it's too late.

Just as easily as this fight began, it could be over given the opportunity and desire of Diamond's drive. Ehma lacked what a natural-born leader had. He only followed orders and his strength comes from guidance. Though a beta has the knack for commanding others in Kisha's absence, Ehma wasn't the wolf for the job. His will to live was greater than leadership if it meant tucking tail and running.

Kisha often blamed living amongst the humans as the reason for so many of his betas acting this way, but he never desired to fault them for what they lacked. Maybe that was the problem.

Diamond raises his head and widens his jaws, going in to clamp on Ehma's exposed neck. The smaller blonde wolf frantically claws at the mud, digging paws into the ground as his side eye places the image of his life flashing before him. This increases his frantic behavior. Instead of defending himself, Ehma only extends his paws longer, burying his frame into the mud.

It's not enough to pull him from Diamond; however, the dwindling end soon takes hold of Ehma's mind. He barks, but his bark comes as a painful screech, knowing that he's to die soon.

As Diamond lowers his head, he becomes unaware of Fuchsia who releases a heavy growl before he chomps down at the back of Diamond's thigh. Smaller jaws to Diamond's muscle mass, Fuchsia can't get a clean grasp, repeatedly chomping down until his teeth could dig in past the muscle and fur.

Diamond is dense in mass, his protection relying on the perimeter of the body, working as an outer shell. Fuchsia knows it will be harder, but Ehma's cries prompt him to interfere. Fuchsia's instincts cannot ignore the struggle of a pack member. Even during times when Kisha found himself bullying Ralp, it would be Fuchsia to try and defuse the situation.

Even if it meant him losing his life in exchange. The difference that often set Fuchsia at an angle when it came to battles. His desire to protect those that he loves becomes his dominant trait. Love, something that wasn't born into their world, had to be created somehow through all of the friends and family he's made, and he held to that theory. A hopeless romantic.

He could only hope what he was doing was enough to grab Diamond's attention.

Diamond growls in response, turning towards Fuchsia. Contorting his frame, the large white wolf lashes out and grabs hold of the back of Fuchsia's neck before he could think to dodge, yanking him forward and suddenly violently thrashing his head from side to side, rag dolling the fox coated wolf.

Ehma pulls himself together, shaken, but he's aware of Fuchsia's predicament, watching his body whip around like a toy. He looks lifeless as Diamond plays with him. Limbs slamming into the ground, the sounds of dead weight whooshing through the air, but Fuchsia never cries out.

Fuchsia yaps his jaws in an attempt to get a bite. He's unable to, as Diamond continues to shake him viciously. Fuchsia is soon tossed without effort, hitting the ground and sliding until his frame collides with a tree nearly cracking the trunk when pieces of wood come falling at his face.

He sits stiff for a moment, chest caving a few times to gain his senses before attempting to pull himself together almost as if nothing ever happened. Fearing he is left open for a kill strike, Fuchsia makes sure to travel sudden attention upon the other. The thrashing threw off his sight, causing his vision to bounce around as if he had been spinning. Diamond could swiftly close the gap between them, he wanted to recover quicker than his abilities allowed him. Shaking his head, clamped jaws to bear the pain, but a sudden ripple through his spine caused him to yelp out so loud, that Saikai flinched.