Chapter 29. Fever P2

"Kisha...? You're morphing?"

No response, but a small flickering tongue and an immense growing guttural sound of hostility erupt in the air which catches Crescent off guard. His head whips, face contorting once the growling sets his guard up; confusion held in marbled eyes. The once-loving feeling he had felt moments ago, now felt like he was faced with something different in a matter of seconds. The caring facade that enchanted him-- was he ignoring the signs? Kisha's condition deteriorated.

Crescent was becoming worried, as the vibrations were more animal than human and he wasn't sure what he could do if he was suddenly face to face with a beast. Was there something he had done wrong? Kisha wasn't responding to him anymore. He didn't seem himself and maybe that was the line Crescent should have drawn for the both of them. 

Kisha's reluctance was like he was trying to find reason. Any kind of reason to stop?

No, to continue

The look in his eyes had been mistaken this entire time for a male that looked soulless and lost, but enjoying himself. Crescent was beginning to realize that that wasn't the case at all. Kisha's stare was predatorial. An excited cat or dog that stood before their prey to... kill. Fuchsia was right, he didn't have the pheromones to calm the flame.

What was this? This wasn't the same horny reaction as the other times. A switch of aggression that had never turned towards him in any encounter and Crescent wasn't ready to see it. A stranger's image rippled through Kisha, not only for Crescent but the fact that whatever Kisha was right now didn't recognize him at all. They were aliens now in each other's presence.

Battling what they know and what they feel.

Kisha's growling intensified, warning Crescent, but pinned beneath Kisha he could not move. He didn't know what he wanted. What were the growls telling him? Strength unable to even shift a hair sat and watched anticipated danger as Crescent deflated mentally.

"K-K-Kisha! It's me... Crescent." The broken small voice tried to make Kisha understand that he was familiar before the beating pain in his chest sent his fight or flight over the hill. 

He thought if he could take his attention, maybe get him to realize, an opening would brew, but Kisha's reactions stayed the same until his mouth parted, teeth bared he approached Crescent's neck slowly. The confusion crippling Crescent made him misunderstood, and the heart told him he needed to react swiftly.

"What the fuck are you doing?!"

The only thing he had in his arsenal was his leg, heavily drawing it up, wedged between their frames, Crescent squirmed upward, but a firm clawed grip running through his hair forced him to halt. He could feel each individual razored object, digging into his scalp effortlessly. Something told him in that instant he was going to die.

"Kisha!" Crescent demanded; hands placed at Kisha's chest as he pressed with all he had.

"Stop! J-Just stop this shit! What is wrong with you?!"

Kisha yanked Crescent by the hair to snatch him to one side, slamming Crescent's face into the comforter. The pain shot through his neck and shoulders, warning him he could be suffering from a broken spine if he didn't cooperate. Kisha lifted himself up a bit on his knees, clawed fingers scratching at Crescent's frame before an aggressive grip was placed on his thigh.

Before Crescent knew it, he was being rotated. No. He couldn't let this happen. Crescent refused, pulling his frame back and planting his weight as much as he could as he tried to wiggle his leg from the numbing hold. The words Fuchsia told him before leaving the elevator poured into his mind.