S2: 14 | Proxy Speech 101

Start from the beginning

"I admire you too, L."

And for some unknown reason, I can't seem to get those five words out of my mind since this morning.

"That's where Why Don't We comes in." I continued my speech looking over at the crowd of stakeholders sitting down in front of me in the banquet hall of Casa Ver'Amore where we were having the very first event in the European leg of the tour.

The boys were out, much to my disappointment. They were having their very first concert somewhere here in London so I didn't have anyone to talk to- not even Kenneth, Marie, or Ibiza. They were all with the boys.

There really wasn't much of a crowd here. Just stakeholders of a few major businesses in London, fangirls, and the security and crew of Why Don't We.

"The band helps these teens and even a number of adults move through life flawlessly." I smiled. "Their music has a huge positive impact in a lot of people's lives, but we want to spread happiness and expand the band's reach through charity."

"So today, I thank you for attending this fundraiser for the Why Don't We Charity Foundation. We already gathered a lot of money from the United States, but we look forward to helping a lot more families who are less fortunate." I finished, earning a round of applause from the audience.

"You are now welcome to ask Miss Ryans a couple of questions about the foundation. We are welcoming questions for the open forum." The host, who's name is Joshua smiled at the audience, making me internally groan.

Great, I'm not ready for this Q and A.

Ibiza never told me I had to answer questions.

I am so trashing her luggage when I get back to the hotel.

"Raise your hand if you have a question." Joshua added.

A couple of hands raised from the crowd of fangirls seated at the back.

"That girl with brown hair and the black Nirvana shirt." I pointed and then the crew handed her a microphone.

"Hi, I'm Blaire." She introduced herself, her thick British accent making me smile. Oh how I love my fellow Brits.

"Would we be able to send things from London to the charities in the States as a contribution to the foundation?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yes. Tomorrow, we have a package drive near Hotel St. Ellis in Thames. The WDW Charity Foundation will be hosting it and you guys can drop off your packages there."

She smiled, "Alright. Thank you."

"You with the red hair and pretty yellow dress!" I pointed at a girl who was raising her hand quite eagerly.

Her cheeks were bright orange from makeup, but I ignored that. Maybe she just doesn't know how to work with cosmetics. I should know not to be too judgemental right now.

Maybe she's not an orange like I may assume she is..

So, no assumptions till I am sure.

One person from the crew gave her a microphone.

"I'm Brittany Heather. This isn't related to the foundation at all.." She started, her high pitched voice cracking. "But rumors about the band breaking up have surfaced. Is this true?"

My heart stopped. I can't answer that question honestly.

My brain froze as I clambered for an answer.

"No." I managed to spit out. "The boys formed this band together with a promise of not breaking up, and as far as I know, they wouldn't do that to themselves or their fans."