Chapter 33: Daniel

*I know it's short, I'm sorry!!! But enjoy!!

Chapter 33 

Zombie Shane was spinning on a chair. A dull expression was planted on his face as the room spun. He wasn't dizzy though, he was bored out of his mind. It been a week since the two humans escaped and Shane was getting weaker by the day.    

"Jared," He called out. Jared ignored him, as the scientist looked over his work. He tried again. "Jared." 

A large crash rung through the room. Jared turned around, anger and annoyance danced in his eyes. 

"What do you want?" Jared sighed, frustratedly. "You've been here for over an hour." 

"And you've been ignoring me for days," The creature stated, crossing his arms. "I'm starting to think you only wanted me so I can kill daddy dearest. I feel used." 

Jared rolled his eyes at him and zombie Shane smirked. "Look, if you want to keep crying over Will in your room, so be it, but we have work to do." 

At the sound of Jared's dead son, his eyes darken. "I wasn't-"

The parasite put his hands up. "Hey, don't even try to lie to me. I have super hearing, remember." Zombie Shane stepped closer to his creator. All amusement left his voice. "You can mourn over him after you tell me what it is we're doing." 

The scientist ran his fingers through his hair. "Fine. But no more talk about Ace."

"Will," The zombie corrected but Jared paid no attention to his mistake. Zombie Shane moved closer to the table. Notebooks were scatted throughout the table. Zombie Shane's yellow eyes scanned the notes. 

"What are these?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Plans," Jared answered, smiling at them. "Storm was never going to get anything done. He relied too much on chance. That plane crashing, the virus spreading, Jeremy appearing to him, everything good just came to him. I, on the other hand, won't sit on my ass and wait for something to happen. I make them happen." 

Zombie Shane started walking around the table as Jared continued to speak.

"I've been working on this plan for years. Storm never found out where the government was getting their information from, but it was me. I played informative for them so I can gain their trust. Just like I gained Storm's trust. 

"I use to idolize the man. He use to be the greatest scientist in the century. But he went mad."

"Power does that to you." For a second, Jared thought he was two voices coming from Shane. 

"Yeah, well he started only caring about himself, not the cause. When I showed him my parasite... he laughed in my face. He bashed the idea. He told me I was crazy. ME?" Jared laughed. "So I decided from that day on, I was going to make sure Storm pays. He wasn't cut out for this. But I am.