Chapter 10: Without You

Chapter 10

Jeremy stood there, frozen for a second.

She had a point, and Jeremy knew it. He heard a noise behind him and turned to see Shayna there. Ha, he almost forgot he was traveling with Zombies, with everything that was going on.

“You...ok?” she asked, her face full of concern. Jeremy shook his head. No he wasn’t ok.

“Is... b-because.... o-of E-ella?” Shayna asked. Shayna knew Ella hated her, she was dead, not stupid. It took Jeremy longer to respond, and Shayna realized he was deep in thought.

“D-does s-she hate me?” Shayna asked. The words brought Jeremy back as he snapped his head to her.

“No,” Jeremy said quickly. He didn’t want Shayna to think anything like that. “It’s not you she hates,” Jeremy added. “It’s me.”

“Because I’m a sucky boyfriend,” Jeremy said, before leaving the tent. Before Jeremy could allowing himself to follow Ella, Alyssa passed by himself and he suddenly remember he had another problem at hand.

“Alyssa!” Jeremy called after her, as she was heading to her tent. “We need to talk-”

“If this is about Jake-”

“Yeah it’s about Jake,” Jeremy said, opening her tent. She hesitated before following.

She was going to get a pep talk and she knew it.

She didn’t know what was so wrong about kissing Jake. He’s nice, he’s cute and he actually likes her. What was so wrong with that?

That you still love Dominic, her head answered.

“What the hell was that show you put out there?” Jeremy asked. He was half mad at her and half mad at himself for what just happened with Ella.

“It wasn’t a show!” Alyssa snapped, “It... just happened.”

“Well it didn’t have to happen in front of Dominic-”

“Is this what this is really about?” Alyssa asked, laughing at herself. Of course it was.

Jeremy shook his head. “No it isn’t-”

“Yes it is! You just wanted to me end up with Dominic.”

Jeremy had to admit, that’s what he wanted. But that’s because it was so obvious they still love each other.

“I know you still love him, Alyssa,” Jeremy added, stuffing his hands inside his pocket. It was time for the big brother act.

Alyssa looked away. “Yeah but he doesn’t love me. And Jake... Jake’s nice.”

Jeremy scoffed. “Nice? Alyssa you don’t love him-”

“And I told him that!” She said, throwing his hands up in the air. “I told him and he refused to let me go! He said he can make me forget him,” Alyssas laughed. “Good luck with that,” she muttered. I’ve tried, she added in her head.

He sighed. There was nothing he could do really.

“Just promise me you don’t sleep with him.”

Alyssa cheeks became red. “JEREMY!”

Jeremy laughed as his cousins reaction. “Don’t act innocent. We all know you and Dominic-”

“I’m not going to sleep with Jake Jeremy,” Alyssa said, cutting Jeremy off. “Not now not never.”

Jeremy smiled. “Good. Last thing I need is a crying baby-”