Chapter 22: Burn It Down

wow two different updates actually close to each other this is a total shock right now LOL Anyways enjoy this chapter, song on the side is Burn It Down.... ;D 

P.S I CHANGED GHOST'S WALKIE TO GHOST'S CELLPHONE. I'M GETTING SICK OF WALKIES. LOL. 

Chapter 22

"You have no idea how good it is to hear your voice." Shane's voice suddenly lifted the tension in the room. Jeremy had put it on speaker.

Ghost sighed in relief. Jeremy had called the number to Storm's office. But, what was Shane doing in Storm's office?

"Well you're definitely not Storm," Jeremy joked, but he was still smiling. This was actually way better. 

"And you're not Ghost… wait… how do you have Ghost's cellphone?" Shane asked, confused. 

"Funny story," Jeremy started, his blue eyes staring right Jake. "We finally found out who was the jackass who's been trying to kill us," he said. There was a silence. 

"You.. you found out who Ghost is?" Shane said, shocked. "Whoa… not even Storm has done that." 

"All thanks to me," Dominic added, rolling his eyes. 

"And where would we be without Dominic," Ella mocked, earning Dominic to stuck his tongue out at her. Alyssa laughed. 

Shane chuckled through the cellphone. "You guys don't know how good it is to hear that you guys.. ok."

"What did Storm tell you?" Jeremy asked, slowly. Shane sighed. 

"That you guys were dead," Shane responded, "I didn't believe it but I haven't heard from you guys in so long…" 

"We had complications," Jeremy said, briefly looking at Dominic and Ella. 

"Ghost Complications?" Shane guessed. 

"More like Shayna complications…"

"Shit- Shayna actually found you!?" Shane said, his voice a whisper yell. It was the first time Jeremy noticed Shane was whispering. 

"Yeah but I doubt we have enough time for story time," Jeremy said, noticing they needed to make plans and fast. 

"You're right," Shane agreed. "If Jared comes back and sees me on the phone with you, my whole "I don't know you're alive" act will be discovered."

Will tensed at the sound of his fathers name. 

"How did you find out we weren't really dead?" Ella asked, raising her eyebrow.

"You can thank Alyssa for that-almost chopping his leg off was a nice move. Ash was proud."

Alyssa grinned from ear to ear. "Where is Ashley?" She asked, excited. She wanted to talk to her. She missed her. 

The line went silent again. 

"I don't know where she is," Shane finally said, his voice cracking. "You see we tried to escape a few days ago and Jared had us trapped. Ashley got away. And she got away with the cure." 

"Storm doesn't have the cure anymore?" Jeremy said, as Ghost rolled his eyes. He was getting bored. He knew all of this.  

"Yeah but Jeremy… that means he's coming after you again. It's the only reason I'm alive right now. And if Ghost found you.. that means he already knows where you are."

Shit. Concern swept through everyone's face. There was a lot of innocent people in this tree house. They didn't have to get hurt just because of them.