Chapter 36: Normal Lives

I'M SO SORRRRRRRY!!! You Can't Cuddle is running behind, but since school is done (high school graduate bitches ;D) i will finish it and I will finish Immune as well! This chapter really isn't as epic as I was going to make it. It's really just a filler. Climax is coming soon tho! BE READY.

Chapter 36

"It'll never work," Dominic sang, as he leaned against the table. Alyssa glared up at him.

"Would it kill you to be more positive?" Alyssa said, crossing her arms. Dominic sent her a smirk.

"Considering this is the only weapon we're going to have against Shane, then yes, it will kill me to be positive." Alyssa flipped him off and Dominic laughed.

"Seriously though, this sounds like a weapon out of X-Men," Dominic said, stuffing his hands inside his pocket as he leaned in and watched Johnny's finger work on the radio. Christian raised his eyebrow.

He tried to hide his smile. "You read X-Men?" Dominic narrowed his eyes at him. 

"I'm still mad at you guys," Dominic snapped, in the low voice. All amusement left his voice. Shawn sighed and rolled his eyes. 

"Come on," Shawn groaned, stomping his foot. "We made it out alive, didn't we?" Dominic bit his tongue. He had turned his back for a second and the idiots decided to leave the library and take a walk. They might as well have walked around with a giant "eat me" sign right above their head. 

"And we brought a test dummy," Christian chimed in, grinning. That didn't calm Dominic at all. Luckily, Alyssa interrupted before Dominic exploded. 

"That was very irresponsible of you guys," Alyssa said, her voice soft and gentle. "Something awful could've happened and we wouldn't have even known." At the sound of of Alyssa's voice, both boys looked down in guilt. Dominic agreed with her. Leaving in the middle of the night was stupid. And the way she said, without any trace of anger, actually made the boys feel guilt. Alyssa caught Dominic staring at her and she winked at him. He silently laughed before his eyes landed on her again. 

A small smile appeared on her lips. "What?"

"Nothing," Dominic said, shrugging. She's going to make a great mother. "You two," Dominic said, making Christian and Shawn look up. "Go feed Choppers number 2 before I feed you two to him." The boys quickly stumbled to get to their feet and ran off. Dominic sighed and leaned against the wall. "They're going to put me in an early grave." Alyssa laughed and as Johnny snorted. As the boys ran down the hall, Ella and Jeremy walked out of the study room yawning. 

Ella rubbed her eyes. Her hair was in a nest as she scratched her arms out behind her. Jeremy had bags under his eyes, while his hair stuck up in weird angles. 

"Rough night?" Dominic asked, taking in their appearance and trying not to smile. Jeremy stretched the back of his head. 

"Surprising, no," Jeremy replied, smiling.