Chapter 3: Aw F*ck

*Hailey hope everything is ok!*

*Short, I know -_-*

Chapter 3

Dominic Sergeant

I watched as Ella stormed away angrily.

Damn it, I shouldn’t have opened my mouth. Well it wasn’t really all my fault.

It was Jeremy’s.

Couldn’t he, for once, control his freakin’ anger! Even I knew when to stop and I had a huge temper.  

“Jeremy, you dickhead!” I yelled as I stood up. I needed to go check up on her, she needed someone right now.

“Hey, respect our leader,” someone yelled from the crowd. I rolled my eyes at the crowd since I didn’t know everyone yet.

“I’ll respect him when he respects my friend-” I was cut off.

“Oh so she’s a friend now?” My head snapped at Alyssa’s voice.

I raised my eyebrow. “Is that a problem?” I asked, feeling everyones eyes on me. Yeah enjoy the show everyone. Jackasses.

“You look like more than friends to me,” Alyssa said, glaring at me through her eyes. The look of pure hate. I hated that, but she was one that broke my heart into a million pieces, not the other way around.

So I laughed. I laughed right at her face. “You wish I got over you that fast,” I said, harshly. I saw her face go blank as she processed what I just said.

Fuck. I just admitted I still loved her.

Before she could say anything, I turned around and left, following where I hoped Ella went.

You fucking idiot! Why did you say that! Fuck. I should be over Alyssa, but I wasn’t. Even though she took my heart and stepped on it.

*Flashback*

“Are they sleeping?” Alyssa asked, as she looked at Jeremy and Ella, who were sleeping in front of the car. Alyssa and I were in the back.

“Looks like it,” I said, wrapping my arms around my girlfriend and pulling her closer to me. She automatically laid her head on my chest, making me smile.

Could it be I’ve fallen even more in love with her? Despite the fact that we were on the search for Shane and Ashley, who we knew nothing about yet. We don’t know where they are or even if they’re alive. Yet, I did something I’ve been planning for a while now.

“Alyssa have you ever thought of marrying me?”

The question seemed to catch her off guard because she suddenly jumped off my chest and pulled away so she could look at me in the eyes.

“Are you being serious?” She asked, shocked. I straighten up.

“Well.. yeah.”

“Dominic...” she said, trailing off. I began to panic. That didn’t sound like the voice of a girl who was going to yes. “We’re on a search and rescue mission, do you really think it’s time to think of that?”

“When will it be a good time to think like that?” I snapped, sitting up. “The world isn’t getting any better and I really don’t want to die without being married to you Alyssa. I love you,” I brought my hand up to her face. I traced the side of her face with my finger.

“Don’t think like that. You’re not going to die,” she whispered, looking at me.

“But I almost did? Remember? I was dead for like five minutes and really, it could happen again.”

“It won’t-”

“It could,” I said, making my point. She let out a sigh. “Don’t you want to marry me?” Her eyes shot up and she gave me a look- I couldn’t even describe it.

“Maybe.”

*End of flashback*

I felt my hand roll up into a fist. I hated having that memory.

Maybe.

In the end of the world, there was no maybes.

***************************************************************************

I found Ella after a few minutes of wondering. She was sitting against a tree, her head buried into her knees. Seeing her like this made me want to punch Jeremy in the face.

“Ella,” I said softly as I walked up to her. Her head shot up, looking up at me. She quickly tried to wipe her tears away with her hands.

“I’m sorry,” she said suddenly. “I shouldn’t have run away like that. I-”

“Stop talking,” I said, going on my knees so I was at her level. I placed my arm around her and pulled her into me so she placed her head on my shoulder.

Then she cried even harder.

I didn’t say anything, because there wasn’t anything too say.

I let her cry for awhile, just like I did last time.

“I got your shirt wet,” She said, as she pulled away from me.

I laughed softly. “It’s fine,” I said, looking up at her. The sun was slowly rising as I asked, “Do you want to leave?”

She bit her lip, a thing she does when she’s nervous.

Then she nodded. “Yes, I want to leave.”

I smirked. “I totally knew you were going to say that,” I said, standing up as I extended my arm to help Ella to her feet.

“Should we wait until it’s dark?” I asked, suddenly whispering. I always had my guard up, even since Alyssa crashed it.

“Yes.... we leave at night.”

*************************************************

I didn’t have a problem leaving.

Or at least, that’s what I keep telling myself as Ella stuck her head out of the tent. We had ignored Alyssa and Jeremy the rest of the day, getting to know some of the recruits in the Immune.

“It’s clear,” I heard Ella whisper. I gripped the backpack I was carrier tighter as we exited the tent silently. Everyone was sleeping, thank god.

“Do you remember where the car was?” Ella asked, her eyes wondering the darkness.

“Can’t be that far,” I said, “Come on before someone sees us-”

“Too late,” I heard Alyssa’s voice say clear as day.

Aw fuck.

*****************************************************

*Unedited*

HEY GUESS.... ITS MY BDAY ON SATURDAY!!!! I expect a bday gift from you guys... AS IN....

JOIN MY CONTEST!!! it's still open!!!!! PLEASE FOR ME? I'M TURNING 16! 

OR you guys can help me get 200 fans! I'M ONLY 20 AWAY!!!

OR you can like the facebook page.... do it. 

OR You guys can make me a trailer and email it to me or send me the link! I LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!! 

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE 

COMMENT

AND FAN!