Chapter 15: The escape

Chapter 15 (THE REAL ONE ;D)

“Careful,” Alyssa said, as she helped Jeremy stand up. She told him she’ll be right back, that she was going to check out the place again. Ella was looking Dominic over. The dude hit him hard and his wound hadn’t completely healed yet.

“Fuck!” Dominic snapped, as Ella touched a stop on Dominic’s stomach.

“Yeah,” Ella said, confirming it. “Dominic you have two broken ribs.”

“Sweet,” Dominic said, leaning back on the table. “Just a normal day of in my life.”

“Dominic why did you go that?” Jeremy suddenly asked, putting his shirt back on. “You can barely stand, why would you attack that guy?”

“He called you a freak,” Dominic said, “I know how it feels to be called a freak.”

Jeremy smiled, shaking his head. “You’re crazy,” He said, still smiling. They heard the clicking of Alyssa’s heels and they turned to face her.

“The place is empty,” Alyssa said, putting her gun on the food court table. “But the mob of zombies at Macy are starting to freak me out,” She said, shivering. “And that girl broke my nail!” She added, looking at her nails. The three of them stared at her for a second.

Alyssa noticed what she said was completely out of her newly found character and straighten up, changing the subject.

She coughed. “So what are we going to do?”

“Shane and Ash are still in California and now Jake, Ricky, Lizzie and the twins are missing...” Ella trailed off.

“We’re not picking, Ella,” Jeremy said, quickly.

“I didn’ say that-”

“But you meant like that,” Alyssa said, glaring at her once best friend. Ella didn’t get how she still hated her.

“Um guys,” Dominic said, making everyone turn to face him. He was staring at the ceiling. They followed his gaze.

On the bloody ceiling were the words, written with spray paint, “See you in Cali” and it was signed by someone named “Ghost.”

“That so wasn’t there before,” Dominic said, staring at it. He looked paled.

“Who’s Ghost?” Ella asked, asking the question on everyone’s head.

Jeremy tensed. He suddenly remembered something. “Shit,” he said, turning away from everyone and walking to where the weapons were. He took out a black duffle bag.

“What’s that?” Ella and Alyssa asked at the same time. They have never seen this bag before.

“Its a bag of weapons Ricky and Jake found after Dominic got shot. Look,” He brought the bag up to a food court table, showing everyone the white writing on it.

Ghost.

“So, what? Ghost is a hitman?” Ella asked, looking back at the ceiling and the duffle bag. “It doesn’t make any sense, why didn’t he just kill us then?”

“I don’t know,” Jeremy said, “All I know is that we better get to California and save everyone. Fast. We don’t know what’s Storm is planning. And now we have a hitman after us. We have to be careful.”

“So do we pack up and leave?” Alyssa asked, raising her eyebrows.

Jeremy’s eyes went to Dominic, who was still laying on the tables, staring at the ceiling. He hadn’t said a word in a while.