Chapter 29: Something Is Wrong With Me

Happy 2 years Immune. Thank you to everyone who's been here with me. Seriously, I love you guys! 

Also, I want to clarify something. In the new edited version of the Resistance (that will happen some time LOL), Shane and Ella will not seem like a couple. They're gonna get close, but they will be nothing more than friends. Ella is gong to kiss him but for different reasons than before. Sorry for all you Shella shippers! 

Chapter 29

"I can't keep doing this," Mayor Nolan Milligan sighed. The stress was weighting on him, Alyssa noticed. He looked older. He seemed to age in a week. 

"If you told Ruth-" The mayor cut Dominic off. 

"Ruth won't do anything that will risk someone's life," Nolan explained. "If she thinks you aren't ready to leave, you aren't leaving." 

Dominic leaned back and narrowed his eyes. "Well then there's nothing to discuss." 

"I can't keep lying to everyone!" The mayor's voice rose and Dominic raised his eyebrow. Letting out a slow breath, Alyssa watched as Nolan calmed himself down. 

"We can't tell them" Alyssa said softly. Unlike Dominic, Alyssa spoke in a more kinder tone. She knew Nolan hated outsiders and she was grateful that they had save their life. "It'll just freak them out. We'll be out of here as soon as Dominic heals." 

He didn't say anything at first. "And what if… this assassin, ghost or whatever… what if he finds you? My people aren't fighters."

"But we are," Dominic reminded him. "If Jake shows his face here, he isn't getting out of here alive." 

"Charming." 

"I try."  

Alyssa rolled her eyes at the two men. While the two started talking, something about the planned exit route they had come up with, Alyssa zoned out. 

She couldn't wait until tomorrow. She could barely stop smiling at the thought of it. Dominic was going to flip. 

"And where do I take them?" Nolan crossed his arms. Dominic and Nolan were never going to get along. Their plan was simple. If Jake showed up, the mayor would evacuate the whole town. No questions ask. 

"Anywhere," Dominic replied. "I don't care. Just as long as you don't come back until we tell you too." 

The mayor leaned back. Alyssa bit her lip. She was going to have persuade him.

Alyssa leaned in closer to him. "Last time Ghost found us, more than a hundred kids lost their lives. Children, Mayor Milligan. We're not letting that happen again. We're not the bad guys here. And we can take care of ourselves. See," she paused, leaning back and crossing her legs. "We've killed people we before. And I have no problem added a scared bitchy mayor to the mix."