Chapter 13: I'm Going to Have Fun Watching You Fall Again

HAPPY ASH? <3

Chapter 13

Dominic stared at himself in the mirror. He still wasn’t wearing a shirt but he didn’t feel cold. He looked at the cuts, scars, and bruises he had all around his body. He also looked at the scar from what he was told was a shot wound.

“This is crazy,” Dominic whispered to himself. He couldn’t have forgotten almost five years of his life. He couldn’t have.

But as he started at himself in the mirror, looking at an older vision of himself, he knew it was true.

He heard someone come into his tent. He turned to see the same girl that walked in when he first woke up. She had long wavy dirty blonde hair with a few bruises herself. She was wearing worn out clothes, a long sleeve shirt that had tears and holes on them. Her jeans had stains and rips on it.

“How you feeling?” The girl asked, looking nervous. Dominic felt like he’s seen her before.

“Confused,” he said truthfully, going to sit back on the table.

“Careful,” The girl warned, stepping closer to help him sit down. Dominic waved her off.

“I got it,” he snapped. He didn’t like getting help from a stranger.

The girl said nothing. Instead, she walked over to the chair next to the table.

“So....”

“You got stuck telling me everything, didn’t you?” Dominic said, smirking.

The girl laughed slightly.

“More or less,” she said, smiling. “Do you know who I am?”

Dominic shook his head honestly and the girl bit her lip.

“Ok well we spoke to our friend, he’s a doctor- or was going to be- ugh,” she sighed, shaking her head. “He said that it was normal for something like this happen, considering you were in a coma for a month.”

Dominic still couldn’t believe it. He felt like he was in a dream and he was going to wake up any minute now.

“But...” She trailed off, looking at her hands.

“But what?” Dominic asked, noticing the nervous look on her face.

“It’s normal for you to have memory lost... but it’s not normal for you to forget this much,” she said, “I mean you don’t even remember Alyssa and that’s saying something”

Who the fuck is Alyssa? Dominic thought.

“Andy says that part is all you,” she said, looking up at him. “You’re blocking half of those memories because you don’t want to memory them.”

Dominic raised his eyebrow. “Why wouldn’t I want to remember them?”

The girl passed her fingers through her hair. Curse Alyssa for freaking out and Jeremy for chasing after her.

“Let’s start from the beginning,” she said, putting her hands on her thigh.

Dominic noticed that she was very pretty, but something told him there was nothing romantic going on between them.

“You said the last thing you remember is your mother going to jail, right?” she confirmed. Dominic nodded.

“Ok well you leave the house after that, running from the cops because they were going to put you in jail as well.”

That makes sense, Dominic thought.

“You started sleeping in the school for about a week until a girl found you. The girl that was here when you woke up, with the light brown hair? Yeah her name is Alyssa Olsen. Her father was a judge and once they found you he put in a deal that you can stay with them until your mothers trail was over.”