Chapter 11: He's strong...

• Dedicated to Madelin

Chapter 11

Ella, Alyssa, and Jeremy paced outside the tent.

“Is there anything we can do?” Ricky asked Jeremy. Jeremy blinked. He almost forgot about everyone. It has been almost ten minutes since Jeremy and Ella brought Dominic in and they haven’t heard anything. Andy said no one was allowed inside.

“Um... Yeah... you and Jake check the perimeter and see if s-shooter is still there.” Ricky nodded but Jake was hesitated.

“I should stay here...” He looked over at Alyssa who was still pacing back and forth.

“Let’s just go, Jake,” Ricky snapped. Stomping, Jake followed.

This was stupid; he should be here with Alyssa, comforting her.

Ricky and Jake, both armed with guns close to their side, walked off to the scene of the crime.  

“Dude what’s up with you the past few days?” Ricky asked his best friend; he wasn’t acting like himself since they got there.

“What are you walking about?” Jake wasn’t in the mood for talking.

“I mean this thing you started with Alyssa!” Ricky said, and that’s when Jake snapped.

“Why the hell is everyone freaking out over this? Lizzie came up to me, Ella, Jeremy, everyone! She’s not dating Dominic anymore; I don’t see the problem-”

“The problem is that those two people clearly love each other,” Ricky stated. He wasn’t losing his temper like Jake was. There’s a reason he’s was the leader when they had first started out.

“Not for long,” Jake said, smirking. They suddenly stopped walking when they heard something move near them.

Without a word they brought their guns up close to their face and move towards the movement.

Could the shooter still be here? Ricky thought. He couldn’t be that stupid.. is he?

Jake jumped out from behind the tree only to see a bunny on the ground.

“It’s just a bunny,” Jake stated, relaxing his shoulders. He didn’t want to think about what would have happened if someone was actually there.

“Jake look,” Ricky said, pointing behind him. Jake turned to see on a rock a rifle. It was pointed to the sky and around it were black bags filled with different weapons.

“I think I found out where he shot Dominic from,” Jake said, moving closer to it.

“You think he’s still there?” Ricky asked, as they looked over the bags.

Jake shook his head. “I doubt it. We should head back.”

The anxiety of knowing what happened to Dominic was killing him (and my fans :D).

Ricky and Jake picked up the bags and headed back. When they reached Jeremy he was leaning against a tree looking off in the distance. The camp was silent; Jeremy had told everyone to sleep and he’d keep them informed. Ella and Alyssa weren’t in sight.

“Jeremy we found these a few yards away from where Dominic and Alyssa were,” Ricky said, as they dropped the bags in front of him. He looked at them then looked back up.

He said nothing.

Something was wrong.

“Jeremy what’s up?” Ricky said, worried. As if on cue Alyssa came out of the tent with her hand over her mouth and tears coming out of eyes. She didn’t even look their way as she ran passed them. Jake quickly followed.