Chapter 30: I'm Wide Awake

*A/N HI GUYS I'M SORRY I TAKE FOREVER. JUST WANTED TO SAY I LOVE YOU GUYS AND HOPEFULLY THIS CHAPTER DOESN'T SUCK.

ALSO: ZOMBIE ISLAND FANS LISTEN UP! GUESS WHAT BITCHES ZOMBIE ISLAND WAS PUBLISHED AS AN EBOOK. YEAH I KNOW, FREAKING AWESOME RIGHT! link to buy it off Amazon is in the external link!!! everyone should do it. :) 

Happy late Halloween? haha 

Chapter 30

The voices were faded. Ashley was slowly starting to gain consciousness again. Her body ached and she felt a burning sensation in her stomach. She didn't know where she was. When she tried to speak, a groan left her lips. 

“Get Charlie, She's waking up.” Charlie. Johnny. Ward. Dad. The voice began to sound familiar. Andy. Andy the doctor. 

She tried to move but a pair of hands held her down. “Careful, Ash,” Andy said, setting her back down. But she didn't want to lay down. She wanted to wrap her hands around Charlie's throat. 

“She's awake?” Charlie's voice gave Ashley the energy to open her eyes. Blinking a couple of times, Ashley could see a ceiling. A white ceiling. And turning to the side, she saw Charlie, wearing a black long sleeved shirt with bloody jeans. He had scratches all over his face with a huge black bruise on his cheek. He smiled. He proudly wore a bruised lip as well.

“I should fucking kill you.” His smiled fell. Anger started boiling through Ashley. He disobeyed her orders. He came back for her. How. Dare. He.   

“For saving your life?” He asked, crossing his arms. “How about a fucking thank you-” Ashley narrowed her eyes. 

“I told you to leave, Charlie,” Ashley growled as pain shot up through her body. "It was an order," She added. "I'm the leader here. You should have listened to me."

“And leave you there to die? No way,” He shook his head and Ashley turned her head. She stared at the ceiling. 

"Char-"

"I get it, Ash. You're father died and you're pissed. And I am so sorry for that. But I wasn't gong to let the same thing happen to you. And you can be mad at me all you want but that's not going to change anything." 

That's not going to change how I feel, Ashley silently finished Charlie's thought in her head. 

"Get out."

Charlie raised an eyebrow at her. But before he spoke, Ashley started yelling. "Get out, EVERYONE GET OUT!" She screamed and the knife she slipped out of her boots went flying. It landed right next to Charlie's head but he didn't flinch. He was staring at her. 

"You heard the lady," he said, looking at Andy and his crew. Andy looked at Ashley before nodding to everyone. They dropped everything they were doing and started for the door.