Chapter 26: I Am A Weapon

HIIIIII!!!!!!!!! I KNOW I KNOW ITS BEEN FOR EVER. 

DON'T FORGET TO JOIN THE CONTEST. I LIKE READING UR SHIT PEOPLE <3 

AND HELLO TO ALL THE NEW FANS. WELCOME TO HELL, WHERE I UPDATE ALMOST NEVER.  <3 love me tho k. 

OHHHH AND PLEASE CHECK OUT MADI'S BOOK "IN FEAR" AND OUR CO-WRITTEN BOOK "THE INSANITY INCENTIVE." THEY BOTH KICK ASS OK? HONESTLY THE WOMEN WRITES LIKE A GODDNESS. Dedicated to her for her awesomeness and help with editing You Can't Cuddle with A Zombie. Anyone want the link to her stories, click right up there or PM me :) 

Chapter 26

The rest of the walk was silent. Ash walked behind the group, staring at the ground.

Charlie and Johnny walked in front of them. Johnny knew that they weren’t close, but now he felt like Charlie had a whole secret life. Johnny had always been the carefree but compassionate one while Charlie kept to himself. They only knew each other a year before the zombie attacked. When they were forced to fight for their life, Charlie took charge. He was the more serious one, the more practical one.  

But the minute he saw this girl everything he ever told him went out the window.

Why?

They suddenly stopped, making Shay, Hailey and Ash stop too. But there was no one around.

“Guys,” Charlie called out to no one. “It’s safe you can come out.” Ashley watched as heads started emerging from the trees. Hundreds of them. She couldn’t help but smile.

Who says Jeremy and Shane were nothing alike?

“Who’s this?”

The voice came from one of the older teens, a girl who stared at the intruders distastefully.

“Johnny, Jeremy said we don’t bring random people-”

“It wasn’t me this time!”

“Madi,” Charlie snapped, making Madi’s arms fall to the side. Ashley noticed. So he was the leader now? “This is Ashley-” The two of them made eye contact before she looked away. “And this is...” he trailed off, not knowing the name of the other two girls.

“Hailey.”

“Shay.”

“They’re with the CIA,” he finished. Johnny raised his eyebrow. How did he knew that?

“As in “the” Ashley?” Another voice asked. Isa looked the blonde girl up and down. “I thought Jeremy said Storm had you locked up?” She sure didn’t look like someone who had been held hostage for months, Isa thought.