Chapter 37: Plan B

*unedited*

I know it's been 4 months. I wish I could write more for you guys. But my life is crazy right now. With college work and starting a new job, I haven't had time to write. And I really only write when I'm emotional lol Like always, this is unedited. And there's only three chapters left!! Chapter 40 will be the end. Bear with me, at least it's long!  

Chapter 37: Plan B

Daniel placed both hands on the table. Next to him, Ben was staring across the room at his mother. He was angry with her. She had stayed. Even though Ben told her to leave without him, she still stayed.

He was small but he wasn't not stupid. Daniel learned that really quick. Because of the parasite born within Ben's DNA, he grew at a faster pace than a normal child. He looked five, but his mentality was that of a fifteen year old. 

Daniel liked the drama. He liked watching the tension between the family of two. He found it amusing. The mansion had grown boring with the absence of Jared. Who knows, maybe Jeremy actually have given up.

Hear that, Shane? They don't care.

Shane replied in a small, faded voice. "They're gonna kill you."

Daniel mentally smirked. "They can't kill me without killing you," he sung. 

"So," Daniel teased, aloud and looked around. "Are we just going to sit here in silence the entire time?" At first, Daniel thought no one was going to respond. But then Rachel turned her head.

"What do we do now?" She asked, her voice even and clam. Without Storm, Rachel Pierce lost her touch. Daniel was kind of disappointed in her. He saw the videos. He knew how wild she was. How untamed she is. He was dying to see her in action. She was going to be his entertainment and he was going to make sure of that.

Actually, if she was staying, she was going to be his secret weapon as well. But doesn't mean he can't have a little fun.

"Well, why don't we get to know each other?"

Ben narrowed his eyes at his brother. "Dan, what could you possibly want to know?" Daniel knew Ben hated how much interest he had in his mother. Which, of course, just fueled him.

He turned to Rachel. "You really have no memory of anything before the past five years?"

"Dan-"

"No," Rachel answered, cutting her son off. Ben was sending glares to his mother. She thought she was doing it for his safety. "I only remember waking up one day in John's lab. He saved our lives, you know."

Daniel raised his eyebrow. "He... saved you?" Daniel fought so hard to crack a smile. "I didn't know that. As you know, my time with Storm was limited. Please, tell me more."

Ben dug his nails into the wood of the table. Rachel didn't know Daniel had killed Storm. But Ben knew. And Daniel loved rubbing that in his face.

"When I turned, he made sure I was healthy enough for Ben here to be born. If he hadn't, My old zombie body wouldn't have been strong enough to support life."

Daniel placed his head on his hand. "Fascinating," Daniel smiled and Rachel didn't catch the sarcasm in his voice like Ben did. Daniel noticed that little things like that slipped Rachel's mind.

"Dan do you actually have a plan or are we just going to sit here until Jared comes back?" Ben cut the conversation short. Daniel leaned back against his chair. He was getting bored anyways.