lxxi ━━ truth & lies.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐤𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲

An oasis of tranquility in the heart of a nightmare

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Addy stood, completely and utterly dumbfounded as she met Regulus' impassive eyes.

"You were killed, weren't you?" she murmured, tightening her grip on her wand, "Sirius told us."

He seemed unfazed by her budding interrogation, lifting a hand to inspect his nails, "I drowned, I suppose, dragged beneath the water of the cave where the horcrux was, by Inferi."

Addy was stunned that he jumped into the matter so quickly, and she had been expecting to do some prodding about it. She blinked as she registered his explanation.

"I assume you know which cave I'm talking about then?" Regulus then queried, "No need to take this in little steps?"

"I do." she replied, feeling slightly annoyed at how he predicted her to be clueless, "I went there as well with Harry Potter and Professor Dumbledore."

"Yes, I'm aware of that, Adelaide. I'm aware of too many things about you."

Addy tilted her head, "How are you alive? And how did you get into my room in the first place?"

Regulus chuckled coolly, stretching his arm to collect one of the quills that sat upon her desk, "Some hospitality you have got here. Not even bothering to offer me tea or give me a tour of this estate..."

"I'll get you tea and a tour," she crossed her arms, stepping back towards the door, "Once you tell me how you managed to survive and why you're here."

He raised his brows at her, seeming somewhat surprised at how stubborn and rigorous she was. However, it was obvious she didn't intimidate him.

"Very well then." Regulus exhaled, "Again, I assume you know how my fool of a brother, Sirius survived? And his soulmate bond and whatever with Loony Lupin?"

"You sound like Peeves the Poltergeist."

He ignored her, "Let me take you back to a little over two years ago, when you and your presumptuous Gryffindor friends went to the Ministry of Magic-"

"And a Ravenclaw." Addy interjected, coming to the conclusion that she and Regulus may not get along well.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You and your presumptuous Gryffindor and Ravenclaw friends went to the Ministry of Magic because Harry Potter had seen Sirius being captured. And you, with your special ability, were able to empathize Harry's emotions and Sirius was able to see the vivid images sent to him telepathically."