lxxv ━━ i kissed a girl.

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐚

The taste of her cherry chapstick

· ━━━━ · ✣ · ━━━━ ·

Addy's weeks were considerably better. She continued to spend her time in the cottage, managing to work the courage to eat meals with the others and move past her mother.

It still hurt to dwell upon her, being taken back to the event of the circumstances and reminded of how everything happened because of her.

However, she was able to submerge herself into talking about the horcruxes with Regulus and Ron as an attempt of distraction.

Regulus didn't know any more than they did unfortunately over the matter, so it was another circle of frustration to go through. Addy and Ron only hoped Hermione and Harry were making progress.

Ron originally had a plan to leave the cottage and find the duo, but his plans changed once Addy showed up. She was still healing slightly from the attack in Mary's home, and they knew it would be dangerous to travel if she wasn't completely healthy.

Therefore, that meant the next passing days were utterly a bore.

December arrived quicker than anyone could imagine, along with endless snow falls which blanketed the earth in white powder.

Bill and Fleur were extremely festive, encouraging for everyone to pitch in and help with the Christmas decorations, insisting that it was just what everyone needed. They even got Regulus to join them shockingly.

It was noon currently; Fleur had just revealed the gender of her baby, a girl.

She and Bill were discussing names quietly at the breakfast table, their fingertips scanning through various books as they shared loving smiles at one another.

Addy sat on the sofa, staring outside at the window, where she had a view of the cliff overlooking the edge. Her legs were crossed beneath her tightly while she rested against the back.

There was a sense of longing within her to escape the cottage she'd been confined in for weeks. Of course she was most grateful for Bill and Fleur's hospitality, but she was never this caged in her entire life.

Mary, who appeared to notice her expression and thoughts, seated herself beside her on the couch. Her knuckles brushed beneath her chin apprehensively as she watched her.

"Do you mind running an errand for me?" she asked casually, "I promised Bill and Fleur that I'd make cookies for Christmas, but we're all out of sugar."

Addy was surprised as she snapped her head up, "Really? I mean- you'd actually let me go on my own?"

Mary paused, quickly absorbing in the reality of her own words. However, she nodded.